Best new fishing habits

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
What are your improvements to your fishing habits:confused:

Mine is that when I tie hooks, if I feel that it is not right or if it looks slightly wonky, I will re-tie my hook:)

C

chefster

My new thing(not really a habit) is that i,ve simplified my rig selection right down and am sticking to certain float patterns,rather than have hundreds of rigs with all different floats(confusing!)!!:D:D

B

binka

Broadening my horizon to previously untried and uninteresting things such as lure (jig!!) fishing and being humbled upon realisation of the skill required to pull off consistent results along with the variations and tenacity required to match conditions, moods and patterns that the prey will readilly accept at a certain time of year and a given time of the day (still not got there lol!).

And... learning the five turn loop knot from braid to swivel (or whatever it's called) and perfecting it in high wind on an exposed bank with electronic cigarette clamped firmly between jaws whilst executing the one handed tea pour from flask with cup held between legs (inaccuracies will be punished... !).

And... a mate who insists on carting a stove around and cooking bacon and sausage after a few hours of fishing :) :w

guest61

Reaction score
Concentating on fish location, feed amount and the accuracy of this feed.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
I'm trying very hard not to be seduced by the latest whizz bang lures, lines, rods, and venues.
I'm no hypocrite, always maintained, ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it''. But sometimes I am sorely tempted. ;)

mick b

Reaction score
I'm always on the lookout for new ideas to increase my habit!

Check this out Derek.........amazing summer opportunities!!

YouTube

Gives a whole new meaning to margin fishing me thinks!!!! :eek:mg:

barbelboi

Reaction score
I try to stand up when I f@rt so the vibration doesn't travel through the chair and into the water.
Jerry

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Making my pole rigs with Drennan Tuff Eye floats that have 4 interchangeable bristles for all water/light conditions.

Using Preston Stotz on said rigs as they are much easier to handle, in the smallest sizes, than shot.

Elasticating my pole with Daiwa White Hydro and fitting a Pulla Bung.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I try to stand up when I f@rt so the vibration doesn't travel through the chair and into the water.
Jerry

You know its bad when mothers and toddlers come to feed the ducks........................................... and there aren't any.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I've learned to fish upstream from Jerry! :D

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

And upwind!

Judas Priest

Reaction score
making sure I carry my kettle, stove and T bags at all times. Some things are more important in life than catching a fish.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Come on guys, there are loads of bad habbits, how about some good ones.

I've been trying to help a newbie catch some fish, going today in fact for an overnighter to catch a big carp. He's been struggling to catch, but that is because he has no patience, so I am being really good and haven't thrown him in - yet:eek:

Anyone else trying to help out another angler.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I advised one to take up golf............:)

(My brother - he still fishes but he won't be adding to the North Sea cod crisis any time soon.......)

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Not sure that I'm going to put cod under any pressure soon:D

I might upset a few ragworm though, I'm due to go out of Southampton soonish:eek: