Bank holiday, will you be on the bank?

dangermouse

Reaction score
Early morning trip tommorrow to the club pond and maybe a few hours on the canal on Sun and/or Mon.

craig1970

Reaction score
Hopeing to get out need to wet a line,been a while kilsyth maybe.

B

binka

Similar to yourself Simon, not sure when or where but will certainly be out over the long weekend :)

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NO, as every Monday is a Bank Holiday to the retired and I hate fishing in a crowd! :w

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've been fishing every day from last Friday onwards, but I'll definitely be out on Saturday and there's a good chance that I'll be out Friday, Sunday and Monday. There's no danger of there being crowds in the two places I'm likely to go. On the Saturday it's highly unlikely that there'll be another soul fishing anywhere within at least two miles.

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be flying back to work on Monday I'm afraid as we are too busy on the project at the moment to be taking time off.

So, it is just a normal weekend for me sadly.

I should be home by 10pm, if no delays, and then off again at 4am on Monday for the first flight back to Aberdeen from Heathrow.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Be on the patio, probably having a BBQ and the odd alcoholic beverage ......................penciled in Wednesday and Friday for fishing (weather permitting):)
Jerry

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'm definately probably going somewhere over the weekend but lots of high priority other stuff to fit in. This will include at least one Southampton round trip with beloved daughter who has 5 days to her final dissertation deadline and is in unstable supernova mode. This is looking more and more like it will be down to the last 30 seconds of Fergie time !

I will be almost as glad as her when its finally done !

sam vimes

Reaction score
Just wait until I get the pictures up. I reckon that with one photo I will probably be able to annoy at least four different types of "purist".;):D
I even managed to nick what looks suspiciously like a small salmon.

nicepix

Reaction score
Had a few hours on a local lake. With it being weekend and good weather it was packed. There must have been twenty to twenty five anglers on the 1.2 km2 pond :w :D

Managed to find a quiet spot on a sand bar that shelves from 4' down to 8' and fished two carp baits down the side and float fished a zoomer with vanilla flavoured maize on top of the bar. Had a cracking roach, probably the biggest I've ever had, and a few more besides. Nothing but a couple of half-hearted tugs to the carp baits. We really needed some cloud cover.

I'll be struggling to get out for the next week or so. One or two appointments planned and a trip to hospital to have four wisdom teeth pulled on Friday :(

sam vimes

Reaction score
406517678.jpg

406517732.jpg

Four of the usual dinky little brownies and then the following came along and thrashed around the pool for a while!
406517738.jpg

406517737.jpg

406517735.jpg

It was around the pound and a half/two pound mark.Is it a very silvery and washed out rainbow or is it a smolt? Do smolts even get to that size before bunking off down river? I'm no game angler, the only salmon I usually enounter are on a plate or in a supermarket. Shame the pics aren't the best but it was rocky ground and I didn't want the fish thrashing about on stones.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would say it's a rainbow or a blue trout.

The wrist of the tail is a dead give away that it is trout not salmon, the salmon is much thinner.

I also think the smallest one of your brownies might be a salmon parr, it has the vertical bars which are fairly typical of a parr.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

I'll be on the canal today, not fishing - cruising, drinking beer and eating chili with a few friends.