Vampire Maggots

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Got my fishing stuff out from the shed yesterday , for family reasons I have been unable to fish for ages.
So I was sitting in the garden emptying my tackle box , laughing at my boxer dog who wanted to sniff eberything. i have a packet of fake casters which I tried to convince the wife was real when I found two real but dead casters in the corner of one of the plastic compartments and a thin dead maggot.

Then the maggot moved and started crawling about. This is from a tightly clasped shut tackle box , inside a rucksack and inside a metal shed since at least September last year. i thought it would simply have died after that long , I am sure it didn't fall in after the box was opened.

john step

Reaction score
I think maggots as well as the usual cockroaches will be the last things alive on this planet.
I did my usual trick by buying red maggots in bulk and freezing smaller bags up.
24 hours later I took one bag out and put them in a tub of water at the venue. A good portion of them revived and started to scale the sides of the tub!
I think they were your vampire maggots and were coming to get me.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I think maggots as well as the usual cockroaches will be the last things alive on this planet.
I did my usual trick by buying red maggots in bulk and freezing smaller bags up.
24 hours later I took one bag out and put them in a tub of water at the venue. A good portion of them revived and started to scale the sides of the tub!
I think they were your vampire maggots and were coming to get me.

I hate those Great Escape Maggots !

Does anyone think it possible that it survived all those months ? I kind of thik the cold helped it but the last month hasn't been that bad.

dangermouse

Reaction score
I hate those Great Escape Maggots !

Does anyone think it possible that it survived all those months ? I kind of thik the cold helped it but the last month hasn't been that bad.

Can`t see it Benny, a month, six weeks maybe but not 6 months.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Sounds very strange.

I froze some maggots for two weeks and I promised that if they were still wriggling, I would release them to set them free, into the water where I was fishing!

rains

Reaction score
lol with a thread title like that i had to have alook very strange indeed should have bottled him up and bred them lmao

bennygesserit

Reaction score
lol with a thread title like that i had to have alook very strange indeed should have bottled him up and bred them lmao

Ha ha if he was a next generation maggot , maggot 2.0 , maggot plus, then he came to an inglorious end as I killed him when I tried to flick him into the garden

rains

Reaction score
Ha ha if he was a next generation maggot , maggot 2.0 , maggot plus, then he came to an inglorious end as I killed him when I tried to flick him into the garden
You dont realize what you have done he was the bait of the future lol :D