Unhooking mat/net bag recommendations

fordy81

Reaction score
At the moment I have a Wychwood roll up mat in it's own sleeve thing and my landing net. Come the end of the session there is nothing worse than trying to roll the mat up tightly while it's covered in **** and stinking, then putting it in a black bin bag with the net.

What does everyone else use? I want something that will contain the smell and wet during transportation and not leave my hands smelling something rotten. :confused:

C

chefster

Use an EVA zip-up stink bag,they are brilliant,they stop the car smelling,when you get home,lay you,re nets out to dry tip the bag upside down to drain any water and leave to dry...put nets etc back in when dry -zip up ,no smells......

john step

Reaction score
A rubble sack works OK. I always rinse my mat and net out in cheepo Tesco pine disinfectant (30+ pence a bottle) then dry it out to avoid smells.If you use the rubble sack to do the rinsing that wont smell either.

C

chefster

Yeah come to think of it now i,ve seen loads of anglers on the bank -and there all using Rubble sacks,there really great and stop the car smelling-Not:eek::eek:

benny samways

Reaction score
If you go fishing and worry about your hands smelling I would take up golf! Jesus, man up:eek:mg::D:)

Or buy a korum multi mat which has seperate handles which dont get wet, it will carry nets and banksticks too.

I actually put my wychwood roll up mat in my korum multimat as it gives you a lovely secure padded area to unhook fish on.

nicepix

Reaction score
My spaniel would also like to recommend the Korum. She says it is very comfortable even after I've unhooked a smelly fish on it and got it wet.

I keep a carp sack and weighing sling inside and put the whole lot on the cushion seat & back part of my folding chair then so it stays inside when I fold it back up. That way it travels inside the reclining chair.

john step

Reaction score
chefster the original query was asked to find out what other anglers do. It is immaterial whether you havnt seen anyone else using a rubble sack. Perhaps you are unaware of what others outside your sphere do. A thick plastic bag does obviously contain smells. By the way it is "they are all using" not "there all using"

C

chefster

chefster the original query was asked to find out what other anglers do. It is immaterial whether you havnt seen anyone else using a rubble sack. Perhaps you are unaware of what others outside your sphere do. A thick plastic bag does obviously contain smells. By the way it is "they are all using" not "there all using"
I,m sorry if my grammar offended you-i must try harder:eek: