A new canal in abingdon

Reaction score
there is a new canal in abingdon that looks quite fishy. it has been there for a few months ,i know there are some perch there now but would there be any carp there? or any tench or bream ?

Reaction score
I didn't realise that the people in charge still built new canals what with roads and that.

Did it just spring up over night? Did anyone notice a big gang of navvies digging....and digging ...and digging...............

12 months later

...and digging.

Phew! "Right lads, phase two. Get the buckets"

Morespiders

Reaction score
Er...Er..... sorry Mr Pikeperch, that will teach me to be sarcastic.

Mr Corker, apology required.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Fishing you silly bugger!.

Or a link to another canal or into the Thames?

Tell us Mr Pike

Specihunter

Reaction score
i will ask someone i know who lives there and there are plans to buid or dig a flood relief channel around oxford .

Specihunter

Reaction score
where does join the thames, and don't say abingdon. As i can't find it on google maps.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
The original Wilts and Berks went west from Abingdon and there were a few traces around Wantage - still shown on Ordnance Survey maps. Don't know where it went after that. Google can be quiteout of date; one place i walk has a sizeable lake that is just workings in one corner onGoogle earth.

I thought a massive reservoir was planned just to the west of Abingdon? maybe this is a feed to that?

Specihunter

Reaction score
i know there's talk of a thames severn canal but this may act as a flood relief for abingdon.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Speci....there is a Thames/Severn canal...........or at least the remnants of said canal.

There are a host of lost waterways.