Silvers fishing near Brighton

silverkev

Reaction score
I am soon to depart Newark where I enjoy the Trent, Idle and non-commercial ponds, for the "delights" of Brighton! I've Googled around but can't find any replacement similar venues!! Please can someone help?
Before you ask....no I don't do the Sea bit, prefer non-tidal and hate Carp scoured line-em-up, pack-em-in new ponds!!
I will travel up to an hour to quench my passion for "proper" fishing....sorry to you Carp Guys- each to his own hey!

angler_jack

Reaction score
Lived in Brighton all my life and I can think of only one place which fits your criteria the upper adur, which is non-tidal and owned by henfield as but that's all I can think off :/ good luck searching

silverkev

Reaction score
Thank you, good waters look thin on the ground, sounds like I may have to travel further afield!!

Wilko

Reaction score
I know you are after river fishing but try Amazon Wood fishery.
It is a day ticket water but not a carp pond. It's an old brick pit with quality silver bream knocking on the british record, you should do it in under an hour from Brighton.
If you want to stick with rivers then the Ouse is worthwhile and closer to you, visit the Ouse Preservation Society for more info.
Barcome Mills is beautiful, an idealic venue but quite tough to fish successfully. There are also a couple of weirs at Barcombe and another at the Anchor inn.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Travelling towards Eastbourne, Hastings, Rye in East Sussex, starting with the nearest first; there's the Ouse, Cuckmere, Pevensey Haven, Wallers Haven, Rother, Brede and Tillingham. You will have to look up the various clubs , availability etc but, they all offer good silver fish fishing. Roach, chub etc.
There are several lakes/commercials around Polegate, Eastbourne, Ashdown Forest but I cannot remember there names. One is Moor Lane Fishery near Sidley between Eastbourne and Bexhill. Has a non carp lake but good silvers in the carp lake. I fished this a couple of weeks ago.
I am sure if you type in some of these names of rivers etc into Google you will find out more. Try Polegate/fishing/ commercials/lakes/ fishing clubs/ day tickets.

Wilko

Reaction score

no-one in particular

Reaction score
There you go, a bit more info from Wilko. Just one more thing, I often when moving to a new area get a ordinance survey map of the area from the library or buy one. I note all the blue bits and work from that. I have found some extraordinary fishing in the past by doing this. Even some of those dykes and bits of odd water can turn out good sometimes. I fished one around Pevensey some years ago, it was free and had some very good rudd and roach. Just worth a look at one of these maps to see whats what and where and do some investigating. Hope that helps a bit, good luck with your fishing.