Any reviews of WSB Tackle

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I know they distribute Clarke's split shot but, gotta be honest, I didn't know they even did poles - what model and name does it / they go under? :)

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Gaz,

If I'm honest, having had a look, I think they're the sort of thing you'd be wanting to replace and improve on after a couple of months.

Nothing past 10m has alarm bells, surely? Plenty of decent 12 and 13m poles out there now for modest prices....:)

C

chefster

I don't know to be honest that's why I'm asking for your opinions..

personally i think you should leave them alone ,there are far better alternatives and options....it doesnt actually tell you anything about the pole other than length-no spec at al ,nothing about spares etc-i know they are cheap enough,but there are just as good starter/budget poles from all the reputable manufacturers,for similar price-but thats just my opinion mate,all the best Chef

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

Gaz,

If I'm honest, having had a look, I think they're the sort of thing you'd be wanting to replace and improve on after a couple of months.

Nothing past 10m has alarm bells, surely? Plenty of decent 12 and 13m poles out there now for modest prices....:)

I know that!!

magicone

Reaction score
Gaz,

OK,

As you maybe have guessed I don't know much who is good or bad for Poles.

Maybe you could suggest 11, 12 and 13 poles to look at, to give an idea at a modest price.

thanks

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Oh no!! Disaster!! Sorry, mate - oh, well, here's to the next one....:)

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

It's a very personal thing but, if you can do it, I'd be tempted to pop down your local tackle shop and ask to try whatever they have and do the same with angling friends.

There's a pretty good monthly mag out called David Hall's Pole Fishing which compares poles performances and prices. Grab a copy from W H Smith and read reviews in other angling papers.

If you're new to the sport (please don't be offended if not) - join a club locally and ask people if you can hold poles and get a feel for them.

Eventually, you'll build a picture of what you like within your budget and probably narrow your list to a few models.

Also, try Improve Your Coarse Fishing magazine, that's pretty good too.

(And NO, I don't work for either of them.....:) )

Best of luck,

Phil.

C

chefster

OK,

As you maybe have guessed I don't know much who is good or bad for Poles.

Maybe you could suggest 11, 12 and 13 poles to look at, to give an idea at a modest price.

thanks

What sort of a budget do you have,and what species/venues will you be fishing,also have you done any pole fishing at all?...Chef

magicone

Reaction score
What sort of a budget do you have,and what species/venues will you be fishing,also have you done any pole fishing at all?...Chef

Ok,

Venues; mostly Local or W.Mids commercial
Species; mostly Carp to 15lb with Silver and Barbel

Never held a pole, always been rod and reel for both freshwater and sea.

As for a budget for my first pole approx. £200/£300

thanks

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Like I said, I'd get a copy of Advanced Pole Fishing magazine

That said, Maver do some very good poles in that price range - what used to be called Jurassic Carp. If you have a look at the Maver website, that should help.

Do the same with Shimano, Daiwa, etc etc and if you find yourself in the West Mids, Fosters of Birmingham and Lane's of Coventry normally have poles you can handle.

You could do worse than join a friendly club and go match fishing with them. You'll be a pole ace (and a lousy caster.....:) ) before you know it.

Best of luck.