Mullarkeys

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But would Billie Knott Snr's demise mean that Billie Knott Jnr became Billy Knott Snr and upon his demise Billy Knott Jnr would be Billie Knott Snr again.

I'm going to bed now, my head hurts :confused:

Think of how much my head hurt, Merv, when, on arriving at some posh school (soon not to be so posh after I'd arrived) forty-odd years ago, I found that a) you were only referred to by your surname, and b) that three brothers, who happened to be at the place at the same time, lets call them the Bloggs Brothers, were known as Bloggs Major, Bloggs Minor and Bloggs Minimus - not merely Large and Little (as opposed to Little and Large), but also Tiny Bloggs (in Latin, naturally). Still, such stuff won us an Empire and two generations later got the descendants of many a shoe-shining servant glued to Downton Shabby.

B

binka

Finally...

Thanks to silvers' reply in another thread we can confirm and clear up the case of Billy Knott's mail order tackle company that's been driving me nuts ever since this cropped up...

yep - the two big mail order businesses (along with bennetts and Mullarkeys) of my early days in the 80s were Billy Knott and Jim Johnson (of south london).

I never doubted it for a minute ;) :wh