Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Queens back garden for me. Anyone fishing this weekend?

All that talk of the Thames and the coach outings. Am I the only one who used to catch 7 inch roach when they had to be 8 inches to weigh in at matches?
    Thee quarters of what you caught put back. Very frustrating.

binka Guest

Hoping to be out both days, not too sure where or what for as yet but at least one day on the river all being well.

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    never did the guillods match hm but used to fish the laa matches (wealdstone piscatorial society - ruislip branch) in the 60’s, mainly the thames (sonning, pangbourne etc) and theale on the kennet – steel rule and all......it was amazing how many used to fish with all their gear fitting easily into the boot of the coach.
    Jerry
    ps back on thread - not fishing this weekend, out tomorrow and a few days next week.
    i can remember the coaches coming down the bath road full of
    expectant matchmen every sunday to fish the thames at maidenhead
    did you ever fish the sounding arch stretch and yes it was truly
    amazing how they managed to get all that gear and themselves
    into those coaches steel rule and all........
    Good luck for tomorrow.
    Hunters moon.

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    (Wealdstone Piscatorial Society
    Goodness barbs...my place of birth...Wealdstone..not the piscatorial society...although....!!!)
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

chefster Guest

I have an open match at Tofts Carp Lake on Saturday,draw 11am,fish 12-5 pm,then working sunday.....hopefully TBF on weds, and a match thurs,but not too sure the venue,as i could,nt make todays match due to work-so i am out of the loop!!....Probably be one of the last chances to fish Tofts this year ,as it closes until march-for shooting....Cheers then Chef

family down for party tonight: but will be gracing the banks of the apex lake tomorrow with my lad (badger98) He has beat me last two fishing trips carping so, will be giving the pole a go. will be using sweetcorn, pellets and compressed bread and hopefully will pick up some roach, skimmers, bream and possibly a carp or two. Won't bother with maggots as there are a lot of bootlaces taking them.
    " Cook a man to fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll be gone all weekend!"
    Checkout our vids at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBurnh...?feature=watch

I love Old Windsor too. Haven't been for a while. Used to park down by the sports club, but car park full of plonkers doing burn-offs, etc (where they spin their wheels and leave big black marks on the tarmac - great hobby, eh? Trashing tyres for no purpose) after dark. A bit worrying if one of them loses it and wipes out my jalopy. Still fish Windsor Racecourse stretch and Datchet (Civil Service ticket). Used to like fishing under the railway bridge. Some nice barbel after dark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12