My First Wels Catfish 8lb 8oz

Keith M

Reaction score
I thought I would have a change from my normal Barbel sessionafter work this week and have an evening at an estate lake owned by one of my clubs; catching a Tench or two, which resulted in my very first Wels Catfishand made the evening a bit special. It was not a big one as far as Catfish go at 8lb 8oz but it was my first.

It was caught on a hair-riggedHalibut Pellet coated in Halibut Paste together with a smallPVA bag of Halibut pellets as feed.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well done Keith, I can only ditto what Richard said....the first one is alway special.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
If you look closely you can see the portable tv aerial sticking out of his head

Reaction score
Congrats,

Tell us, are they worth targets, give a good fight, i've never liked the look of them, but .....

Ryan

catch

Reaction score
well done/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif nice fish

Keith M

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Avon Aquatics - Ryan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Congrats, Tell us, are they worth targets, give a good fight, i've never liked the look of them, but ..... Ryan</blockquote>
It didn't fight like a carp (taking long runs to the nearest lillies) or Barbel(zooming off through the nearest streamer weed) but it took longerto land than a Carp of the same sizeit just seemed to swim around aimlessly without giving up. whether that is how they normaly fight I don't know.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Congrats bud, they really do hang on to the very end awesome. My 1st was 26lb. Only cats and carp for me now, the best bit about catfish are the runs or 1st take