Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

I thought I would have a change from my normal Barbel sessionafter work this week and have an evening at an estate lake owned by one of my clubs; catching a Tench or two, which resulted in my very first Wels Catfishand made the evening a bit special. It was not a big one as far as Catfish go at 8lb 8oz but it was my first.

It was caught on a hair-riggedHalibut Pellet coated in Halibut Paste together with a smallPVA bag of Halibut pellets as feed.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Congrats!

Well done Keith a first is always a bit special.

Well done Keith, I can only ditto what Richard said....the first one is alway special.

If you look closely you can see the portable tv aerial sticking out of his head

6. Default

Congrats,

Tell us, are they worth targets, give a good fight, i've never liked the look of them, but .....

Ryan

congrats seems a good catch for your first one.

well done[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img] nice fish

Blog Entries

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Avon Aquatics - Ryan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Congrats, Tell us, are they worth targets, give a good fight, i've never liked the look of them, but ..... Ryan</blockquote>
    It didn't fight like a carp (taking long runs to the nearest lillies) or Barbel(zooming off through the nearest streamer weed) but it took longerto land than a Carp of the same sizeit just seemed to swim around aimlessly without giving up. whether that is how they normaly fight I don't know.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Well done mate...I'd love to catch one of these ugly buggers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast