Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Catching EEL

Hello all,

No, I'm not completely mad, I want to catch some eel!

It's actually a friend of mine, who I'm introducing to fishing, that really wants to catch one, and so I'm charged with the duty of getting some on the bank for him...

Although I have 20 years of fishing under my belt, I've never purposely fished for eel, and so hope that there are some Eel enthusiasts on here that may be able to help?

We have a lake of 1/2 an acre that we know contains some, it has cloudy water. My reputation is on the line here ;0) and so please, if you had to catch one to save face, what method and bait and would you employ?

Cheers for the help,
    Jeff

Depends on how big those eels are, if they go to over 2lbs then a small dead bait but the smaller ones are suckers for maggots. Just pile in the maggots and they will appear as if by magic.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

Hi Jeff,You'll find some info on this site

CLICK HERE

Worms are quite a good choice for bait I think, I normally get eels when I'm using worms anyway.

Eeluslf Uslf Guest

Try this website for tips. www.eelfishing.co.uk They also have a forum giving lots of advice.

Worms, I agree... try half a worm, more wriggly & juices following

Years ago I knew a couple of lads who targetted eels and they used to always fish at night and use a 'rubby dubby bag', from what I remember they had some impressive results.