That's it. The summer's over. Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Turning decidedly colder over the next few days with a nasty NW wind.
I'll be up at the crack o' sparrows Saturday to fish a match near Worcester.
Sunday my options are a clubby on Bedfordshire pit or a day on my local Colne.
Anyone else fishing this weekend?

symonh2000

Reaction score
Might go down the local lake for a couple of hours Saturday, but if it is raining I will stay at home.

I am planning on an all day session the following Saturday and I don't want her indoors to get the hump by going too much.

B

binka

I was originally supposed to be night fishing for zeds on Saturday with a mate but it's likely we'll both wimp out on account of the low overnight temperatures... likely to be doing a day session instead and then out on my own on Sunday for whatever takes my fancy.

I feel like having a crack at the chub again with a bit of roving chucked in :)

C

chefster

Working this w/end, but went today 97 lb at TBF,Caught Shallow!!!,60 F1,s,+skimmers,ide,perch,crucians and roach,all on maggot and pellet,.Match tomorrow at Spring Pools,@ Rugby an open with probably about 15-20....Then work for another 8 days:(:(,Cheers Chef

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I will be holding off until both me and the fish have got used to lower temperatures - i find the first few days feel really cold, but then you get used to it. Next issue will be leaves at some venues - can really mess up sessions on the float.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fished yesterday with leaves all over my swim so used the pole to place the rig in between them and had a good session with 37 bream, carp, roach, rudd and the odd perch. However lots of my club waters are heavily treed-in and tomorrow's session may be my last for a while.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I have an important eye operation this afternoon which means no fishing for two weeks at least. May have to wear an eye patch for some time (I shall ask for black for maximum effect!) and any serious movement severely restricted.....I'm not even allowed to bend down for goodness sake!!

Anyway, I managed to go yesterday for a few hours so that will have to last me....!

Good luck to those out this weekend Grrrrrrr

....and no, this is not an excuse because the weather has turned colder!

barbelboi

Reaction score
Black?................thought you'd go for one of these Tony ;)

MVC-020F.jpg

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ah, Jim lad! Just shout if you need a parrot to complete the look.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
I was planning to go but the river's still crystal clear and low, and won't react well to the low temperatures. We desperately need some rain 'ere in Peterborough.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
We desperately need some rain 'ere in Peterborough.

Don't knock it Mark, up here in Aberdeen it was raining when I arrived late on Monday (thanks to the fog at Heathrow) and it hasn't stopped hissing it down ever since.

Last night saw torrential rain and gale force winds . . . . . roll on Friday and the flight back down South!

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Don't knock it Mark, up here in Aberdeen it was raining when I arrived late on Monday (thanks to the fog at Heathrow) and it hasn't stopped hissing it down ever since.

Last night saw torrential rain and gale force winds . . . . . roll on Friday and the flight back down South!

Big picture, and all that, Peter, but the rainfall pattern for the next month is looking quite poor. This will not only mean the river hasn't gone through its usual cycles but when the rain does come, AW will pump the Nene and Welland basins like billy-o to fill the reservoirs.

Plus we could have another drought situation on our hands. But it's early days. I'm doing a rain dance right now....

pidgergj

Reaction score
supposed to be going out early sunday, but the way her indoors is carrying on might not be possible. women :mad:

if i do manage to get out i might take my bivvy, a months worth of grub, and not come back!!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
supposed to be going out early sunday, but the way her indoors is carrying on might not be possible. women

if i do manage to get out i might take my bivvy, a months worth of grub, and not come back!!!

Oh dear, I see shades of my first ex-wife rearing up here . . . . .

I should have guessed when I met her; her surname was Wright, I didn't realise until after we were wed' that her first name was . . . . . ALWAYS.

Tell you what, seeing as we are almost neighbours (I live next door in Durrington) you ought to pop round for a beer . . . . . . .

pidgergj

Reaction score
Oh dear, I see shades of my first ex-wife rearing up here . . . . .

I should have guessed when I met her; her surname was Wright, I didn't realise until after we were wed' that her first name was . . . . . ALWAYS.

Tell you what, seeing as we are almost neighbours (I live next door in Durrington) you ought to pop round for a beer . . . . . . .

that sounds like a plan peter. i sometimes dream of what it would be like to be single again...pure bliss i reckon! :w

john step

Reaction score
Thursday 10th here in Lincs feels decidedly chilly. I can feel a pike mood coming on.