Severn Slab 8lb Exactly

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Nice bream ****y, especially from a river (insert haven't seen one of those all season face).

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Nice fish ****y.........

(but did your dog get run over on the way there ...)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
There are plenty of big bream in the Worcester to Gloucester area of the Severn (double figure ones if you are lucky) but suprisingly few are caught. In my match days days when fishing what then was the Worc Fed water below Diglis weir I saw plenty of 5/6lb bream weighed in but that is one of the bigger ones ****ie, well done mate.

Could the reason not many are caught be because few anglers target river bream and the majority that are caught are on barbel and chub tackle, hardly surprising really when you consider the normal baits that chub and barbel anglers use. I fluked a 7lb bream at Kempsey, below Worcester, a couple of years ago and that fell to a 14mm halibut pellet meant for barbel as did a 2.5lb roach at the same place.

A concentrated heavy feeding pattern on some of those stretches could possibly yield some very big bream to those who are prepared to put the effort in, it could be you ****ie boy, you know the water well enough. " ****ie the Severn bream king" it has a ring to it wouldn't you say?

Reaction score
Only just picked up on this thread....

Thanks for your kind comments (Nasty Northmore excepted! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)

Apologies for the startled look, I had just landed nine bream between 6lb 12oz ish and 8lb, and an 8-10lb carp in one and a half hours.

Me and Jim did a bit of prebaiting on a swim in front of my house before the season started and then fished short sessions for a week.

This fish and my haul above were typical for a couple of hours fishing after work; hence I look knackered/ stunned/ like I've just sat on a red hot poker. All on one rod too!

Graham,

As you say there are bigger and we are targetting an area next week that we believe will produce 10-12lbers. Vitalin at the ready and fingers crossed...

If you can get the Angling Star this month, you can read about this session and the potential of Sabrina's forgotten super-slabs /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Bridge

Reaction score
well done mate ,nice to see bream from the severn must be a pleasent change and quality size .went for walk at bewdly sunday and was surprised at the colour of the severn. there was a club match on and the guys were doing quite well considering the river looked like chocolate .met a guy there who caught 5 barbel best went 7.5 trevor newey was his name top bloke and knows the river well.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

****y...............you have gave me a goal, i must catch a Severn 10lb bream, it will make a refreshing change.

Bridge..........if ****y ain,t about you are welcome to a sesh with me on the Severn or Avon.

I want very little in return..............just a def 8lb chub swim /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Just seen this thread, indeed a very nice bream, I've never seen a big 'slab' like that before

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Oh Mein ickle fischervoman........don't let that ****ie woo you away with his big slab!!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
lmao Yam Yam.....****y can woo me away anytime

.to fish the Severn /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Bridge

Reaction score
paul ...taking you to the swim no problem! whether the ol fellow wants to play...well thats another story!.if you do fancy a day let me know, pleasure mate .i;ve still got to treata nice young charity donater to a day on the lea and a meal at the pub ,all in the name of charity.... that cakey set up! .........i don;t mind but i ain,t got a "danny" what i,m doing!.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Bridge.........i know what you mean about them wanting to play.

Look forward to meeting you one day soon.

Reaction score
Pikey,

Stoney facade cracked to order last night on the Severn...
8lb12ozAgain2.jpg

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Thats not a smile --It's a grimace ....