Aldi's finest back in stock on Thursday 12th

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
I've got to say that since I got a pair, I'm a HUGE fan of the bib and brace and this one looks superb value. Plus the LED hats - got one, and it's brilliant.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Yes - the hats are great value for a fiver. I wish they got an angler to help with the designs of these items though because they could be a lot better for a few pennies more. The hat has ear and neck flaps which can fold down - nice and windproof but if you use them the neck flap forces the peak down to impede visibility. Then there's the light - all too easy to switch it on by accident and drain the battery... Making the damn thing water resistant would help too! But for a fiver...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes - the hats are great value for a fiver. I wish they got an angler to help with the designs of these items though because they could be a lot better for a few pennies more. The hat has ear and neck flaps which can fold down - nice and windproof but if you use them the neck flap forces the peak down to impede visibility. Then there's the light - all too easy to switch it on by accident and drain the battery... Making the damn thing water resistant would help too! But for a fiver...

Can you replace the battery in the hat ?....i've been told that once the battery runs out you can't replace it and just have the hat left, as a hat.

nicepix

Reaction score
Can you replace the battery in the hat ?....i've been told that once the battery runs out you can't replace it and just have the hat left, as a hat.

Yes. They take two watch batteries. Can't remember the model number, but you get a dozen from the poundshop on a card. Or you can go into a jewelers and pay two quid each for them :rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes. They take two watch batteries. Can't remember the model number, but you get a dozen from the poundshop on a card. Or you can go into a jewelers and pay two quid each for them :rolleyes:

Right, thanks for that. I'm surprised they use those type of batteries, don't they run down fast ?

nicepix

Reaction score
Right, thanks for that. I'm surprised they use those type of batteries, don't they run down fast ?

It only has five LEDs so the power drain is quite low. I get a full winter's dog walking out of mine, 1/2 hour per night, and have had it three years now.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It only has five LEDs so the power drain is quite low. I get a full winter's dog walking out of mine, 1/2 hour per night, and have had it three years now.

Blimey, i'm amazed they last so long. If I get chance to pop into Aldi and they have any left I might just get one :). I suppose it would be a handy back up id the head torch packed up.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have this mental image of FM members and thousands of other fishers blundering about the countryside with LEDs on their heads, somehow all converging on the same spot, all at the same time, and BANG! - floored, unconcho, their lights shining up out of the leaf litter and glittering into space. "Make it so...."

Keith M

Reaction score
I bought one without the flaps at another of their fishing gear promotions but I must have left the leds switched on because the batteries were flat when I tried to use it. I'll just have to get replacement batteries.

Tigger, the leds are built into the hat at the edge of the front peak.

Keith

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just take the batteries out of the hat, reverse them, and pop them back in!

Are they doing those wonderful tackle bags? It's normally just a summer promo..

..write out a 100 times Poshpaul "I do not need a fourth Aldi tackle bag.....I do not....."