Talking of marzipan

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Has anyone used it as bait, and I'm not talking about Graham, hobbits or any other Baggins'.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

No-one used it then? Almond and sugar, thought carp might be attracted, I guess the only way to find out is have a go.Just curious if anyone had any experience with the stuff.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
You could always mould another sweet fruit flavour in also. Keep us informed it could make a good quick short session bait.

W

Wolfman Woody

I used it once.

Trouble was, I love marzipan and between the choice of putting it on the hook or in my gob, the gob won. So I didn't have an awful lot of luck on the hook.

And I am serious here. I'd heard it was good for all species including bream and tench.

C

Cliff Hatton 2

I've used marzipan in the past...no good: it dissolves/melts very quickly. Shame...I'm sure it'd be a cracking bait otherwise.

C

Cliff Hatton 2

Woody...I have the same problem with prawns and shrimps: 1 for them, 12 for me!

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Cliff - Woody - I have that self same problem with fresh crusty bread, cheese and spam /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Never with maggots or worms though.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Slimey chap. I'm not looking for an 'ultimate' bait, my post was a matter of curiosity stemming from the other marzipan thread. Sweeteners were an established ingredient, nuts are palatable to carp, I like trying different approaches, maybe a compound made up of marzipan, peanut butter,cheese powder,strawberry jam and say; Belachen. Popular baits risk overuse or blowing as they say.

Purely curious, perhaps someone has tried this and reads the question. That's all. nothing personal, I like to try different approaches but not out of desparation./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif