What is your opinion on carp cradles.

richiekelly

Reaction score
If you care about fish soooo much why did you post once to someone that didn't agree with you "MAY YOUR CRACKOFFS BE MANY" very nice and do not deny it again it is a FACT you know the things you ignore.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's some small consolation. However, when you start with the thirty years a bailiff stuff, and address me directly by using a quote, it always sounds like an I'm right, you're wrong, lecture.

I believe you might be right. I don't recall the detail but it's partially what I was alluding to in my opening post.

I've little doubt that would be entirely true. However, it's not likely to become reality in the shorter term. It's a fairly rare occurrence for me to take a full blown big fish holding trophy shot. Most of the time I'll settle for a net or mat shot. However, I'm pleased as punch to get the odd one or two. I doubt that there are too many folks that would turn their noses up at getting a shot of whatever constitutes a good fish for them. I know that I was chuffed as buttons to get good shots of a PB (and lake record) carp last year. I'd have been gutted to not have them.

Where may I ask did you get the thirty years from sorry but you have that wrong. I seem to have upset you so best if we leave each other out of it in future. I was wrong about you so that's that.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

If you care about fish soooo much why did you post once to someone that didn't agree with you "MAY YOUR CRACKOFFS BE MANY" very nice and do not deny it again it is a FACT you know the things you ignore.

Your puffing up again be careful calm down you will be right one day but not today your such a card a blank one that is.:eek:mg:

richiekelly

Reaction score
Where may I ask did you get the thirty years from sorry but you have that wrong. I seem to have upset you so best if we leave each other out of it in future. I was wrong about you so that's that.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Your puffing up again be careful calm down you will be right one day but not today your such a card a blank one that is.:eek:mg:

You don't deny it then? what a disgrace, and from a bailiff of thirty years, some bailiff.

I believe the puffing up was mentioned by someone before, have you no mind of your own (daft question).

I am afraid my card is never blank, its always full of FACTS

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You don't deny it then? what a disgrace, and from a bailiff of thirty years, some bailiff.

I believe the puffing up was mentioned by someone before, have you no mind of your own (daft question).

I am afraid my card is never blank, its always full of FACTS

As I have no recollection of this post so could you please put it on forum in its entirety so I can see it and in what context it was posted It was I that previously mentioned puffing as far as you were concerned So lets see this post then in its entirety. It seems to bother you that I am a bit careful with the fish I catch I wonder why. You also are wrong about thirty years but that's the norm for you facts real facts that is is not your strong point is it.:)

cg74

Reaction score
My opinion of carp cradles - A waste of time/money that I'll never indulge in, if I was genuinely that worried about the fish's welfare; I wouldn't stick a hook in its mouth!

terry m

Reaction score
At the risk of being criticised, I am not a fan of the large cradle devices either. I use a large JRC mat for carp, pike, barbell etc, the thought of dragging a cradle contraption around with me is not an attractive proposition.

I firmly believe that the angler himself 9or herself), is the most important part of fish welfare, filling Kevin Nash's coffers comes some way behind.

However it does seem that amongst many hard core carpers it has become an 'essential' item. I am cool with that, I just don't feel the need personally.

One worrying by-product o0f these cradles may be the tendency for captors to keep their quarry out of the water for even longer than normal.

richiekelly

Reaction score
As I have no recollection of this post so could you please put it on forum in its entirety so I can see it and in what context it was posted It was I that previously mentioned puffing as far as you were concerned So lets see this post then in its entirety. It seems to bother you that I am a bit careful with the fish I catch I wonder why. You also are wrong about thirty years but that's the norm for you facts real facts that is is not your strong point is it.:)

No I wont do that.

16 November 2010 18. 29 hours

Fact and there for all to see allroudergreg. it was to someone that had the temerity to disagree with you.

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No I wont do that.

Fact and there for all to see allroudergreg. it was to someone that had the temerity to disagree with you.

ALL mouth as usual put up or shut up you make yourself look a fool yet again you should keep that mouth of yours shut. You do yourself no favours you silly knocker. I suggest you do not get involved in posts that I put up and do yourself a big favour. Unless it is to say something objective and not just to try and score a few points which you have not managed yet. Have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

No I wont do that.

I am flattered that you have gone to the trouble to go and research me on another forum Go FISHING. I must really be getting under your skin. I do tend to speak my mind always have. A much better class of adversary on GF Mavrick 7 known as Jack on GF listed as a friend of yours on this forum. You could learn a hell of a lot from him.

richiekelly

Reaction score
ALL mouth as usual put up or shut up you make yourself look a fool yet again you should keep that mouth of yours shut. You do yourself no favours you silly knocker. I suggest you do not get involved in posts that I put up and do yourself a big favour. Unless it is to say something objective and not just to try and score a few points which you have not managed yet. Have a nice day.

You don't deny that's what you said then, I wonder how many fish die through baited hooks in the water through crack offs?

Care of our quarry extends to beneath the water for me, using safe rigs, no baits that may be harmful, and certainly not hoping another angler has "many crack offs".

Whenever anyone posts something that they think is objective (and its not just me) if they don't agree with your point of view you go off on one, they are just as entitled to have a view that is contrary to your own and as this is a forum just as entitled to post them, if you only want opinions that agree with your own then perhaps forums are not for you.It would appear from what I have seen elsewhere that this is the norm for you.

I find your last post aggressive and possibly indicative (look it up) of someone that has been found out and doesn't like it, being aggressive is also indicative of a person who hasn't the intelligence to carry on a debate without being aggressive.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

I am flattered that you have gone to the trouble to go and research me on another forum Go FISHING. I must really be getting under your skin. I do tend to speak my mind always have. A much better class of adversary on GF Mavrick 7 known as Jack on GF listed as a friend of yours on this forum. You could learn a hell of a lot from him.

I did no research at all to find this information, I was pointed in a direction and it wasn't JS or Mav7 .

It would appear from your post that you have caused trouble before when anyone dares to have a view that isn't the same as yours, if only you knew.

Nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but first you have to have one.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You don't deny that's what you said then, I wonder how many fish die through baited hooks in the water through crack offs?

Care of our quarry extends to beneath the water for me, using safe rigs, no baits that may be harmful, and certainly not hoping another angler has "many crack offs".

Whenever anyone posts something that they think is objective (and its not just me) if they don't agree with your point of view you go off on one, they are just as entitled to have a view that is contrary to your own and as this is a forum just as entitled to post them, if you only want opinions that agree with your own then perhaps forums are not for you.It would appear from what I have seen elsewhere that this is the norm for you.

I find your last post aggressive and possibly indicative (look it up) of someone that has been found out and doesn't like it, being aggressive is also indicative of a person who hasn't the intelligence to carry on a debate without being aggressive.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

I did no research at all to find this information, I was pointed in a direction and it wasn't JS or Mav7 .

It would appear from your post that you have caused trouble before when anyone dares to have a view that isn't the same as yours, if only you knew.

Nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but first you have to have one.

Yes you are 100% right and when you learn to use yours come and have another go you may get somewhere . If you put as much effort into posting something interesting instead of following me about like a lost poodle you may yet achieve something with your life.
The well has been wagging has it. I know full well it was not my friend maverick 7 / jack he does not go behind peoples backs he says it as it is. Unlike the scroat that has been telling tales to you.

Last edited:

richiekelly

Reaction score
Yes you are 100% right and when you learn to use yours come and have another go you may get somewhere . If you put as much effort into posting something interesting instead of following me about like a lost poodle you may yet achieve something with your life.
The well has been wagging has it. I know full well it was not my friend maverick 7 / jack he does not go behind peoples backs he says it as it is. Unlike the scroat that has been telling tales to you.

No not Poodles, I have always had Bull Terriers there lovely dogs, very loyal unlike someone you thought was loyal.

No wrong again not Mr Well, you really have no idea who do you? I will let you into a secret it was someone you considered a friend.

An intelligent person would work it out before accusing innocent parties but, dear me you haven't a clue have you?

Must try harder.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderation Note:

Okay, enough is more than enough.

There are 3 or 4 or 5 of you who simply cannot post without insulting one another.

Please take this post as the FINAL WARNING . . . . . .

Any more of this will be met with one month bans, and whether you decide to return afterwards will be your decision.

These forums have usually been pretty decent and enjoyable, but for the past few weeks the above posters have been spoiling it for us all.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Moderation Note:

Okay, enough is more than enough.

There are 3 or 4 or 5 of you who simply cannot post without insulting one another.

Please take this post as the FINAL WARNING . . . . . .

Any more of this will be met with one month bans, and whether you decide to return afterwards will be your decision.

These forums have usually been pretty decent and enjoyable, but for the past few weeks the above posters have been spoiling it for us all.

Including posts in Bait Box???

richiekelly

Reaction score
Peter who is to decide what is "insulting"? if I feel I have been insulted what am I to do? I don't want to go running to the mods.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Including posts in Bait Box???

The zero tolerance to insults is applicable across all forums.

"For ALL non-fishing topics. Banter, jokes, moans and whinges - EXCEPT: Race, Religion & Non fishing Politics. Read only if you are not offended by strong language. ***'s should be used in profanities."

'Moans and whinges' can be accomplished without insulting others.

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Peter who is to decide what is "insulting"? if I feel I have been insulted what am I to do? I don't want to go running to the mods.

If a post is reported by pressing the red triangle sign then the moderators will review and act appropriately.

We do try to seek full consensus of opinion before applying a ban, so all 4 mods are in agreement.

redfin123

Reaction score
why dont you two nutters go and have it out on the jeremy kyle show lets all have a laugh.:D:D:D

richiekelly

Reaction score
why dont you two nutters go and have it out on the jeremy kyle show lets all have a laugh.:D:D:D

I have reported this post as insulting.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

I have been looking at the latest "carp cradles" on e bay some of them look like camp beds other the same as my kids were in when they were 6 months old.

I cannot ever envisage the need for me to own/use one of these things, I am afraid that for me they are just another piece of angling equipment well marketed by the manufacturers using anglers emotions, (if you aint got one you don't care enough).