where to find river level info?

Reaction score
Hello everybody
Supposed to be having an overnight stay on the trent this tuesday but a little worried bout all this rain.is there not a web site that gives the current water levels as i cant seem to find one.
Thanks for any help guys and gals.

Been looking forward to it when it started raining but now im concered its going a little over the top,excuse the pun!

chris renwick

Reaction score
go for it mate its should start running off soon.....im gunna have a go in the morning

Reaction score
yeh thats what i was hoping aswell,i see it gives less rain monday-tuesday so should be good i was thinking.Nice to be out whatever the weather

chris renwick

Reaction score
just got bk mate there was about 7 foot extra in it.....the weir i fish was level!! i was useing a 5oz ground bate feeder in the edge had to find slack water to hold out......

i didnt catch but my dad had 2 barbell to 6 pound...

it had just started droping when we left about 8 inch or summert... take nice big leads and smelly bates with you and u should catch.

Reaction score
okey doke mate, Thanks for that. Looks like we might not be going now though as my mates mrs hasnt had her baby so he cant make it and i dont drive/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gifTold him to try help it on its way/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif
Looks like ill be going friday after work but ill have to get the train but im sure it will be worth it.ill make sure i dig the big ass leads out too

chris renwick

Reaction score
sounds good to me mate think were gunna have some more rain this week......but you aint gunna catch fish at home mate are you....

r u still going over night?

Reaction score
yeh tuesday night is now back on, going around six tuesdaytil 10 o'clock wed. morning.
i think i might have to nominate my mates mrs in the "who has the best wife" thread.
I dont know many that would let anyone out when they are ready to drop any minute!
Thank you Vikki!!
I think ill still go friday afternoon as i have it off, its either that or decorating!

chris renwick

Reaction score
sounds good to me mate..where abouts you going? keep your eye on water lever if it starts raining

Reaction score
im not sure yet,i think will either be winthorpe or somewhere around collingham as these are stretches i know better and i think that will be important to know where to put a bait in these conditions.Going to be a long day at work tomorrow i know that much!

chris renwick

Reaction score
i know the feeling..... are you going 4 the tidal then i have fished collingham weir 4 times in peg 1 brillant......there is loads 2 go at in newark loads of good spots.

Reaction score
hi, yeh went to collingham just to the right of the car park as i knew it was flat ground in the field where the cows are.The water was level with top of the weir.All the fish seemed to be in the margins around 3 rod lengths behind where you would normally sit,guess was a good place to be out the flow.It was only about 2-3 feet deep there so we put ourbaits right there about a rod length out from us.
I had a bite just after midnight and missed it/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif
Then at 5 in the morning my mate got a screaming run.We were so excited in the dark as we couldnt see it and when it came up we thought it was a big barbel but when we netted it turned out to be a common of 13lb 14oz.His first river carp and the biggest fish hes ever had so he was pleased! Just as it go light he had another one of 12lb.
Even though i didnt catch was a good night and we will be back soon im sure.

Reaction score
yeh they were nice long fish,broad across the back with massive tails.He got them on the shrimp and prawn boilies, 20mm dynamite baits ones.
The second one looked like it had been teathered up by some eastern europeans.it had a length of cotton through its mouth and out its gills tied up on the outside.you could see where it had fought to free itself or possibly grown with it there as it had ripped into its mouth and on its gill cover.about an onch long incision in both.Took some careful cutting to remove it and had to have it out the water for far longer than we would have liked but it went back ok so that was nice to help it.
Im going back next friday for another bash so hopefully will find some barbel this time.

chris renwick

Reaction score
hope fully think mite go next weekendif it stops raining....ive used the shrimp n prawn boilies i think they work well i also like the good old strawberry

michael franklin

Reaction score
Great conversation chaps , but no one else has anwered your interesting original question regarding river levell information, Paul. Not just the trent ,I would be more interested in the Severn. Tight Lines Mick .

Reaction score
yeh, i thought the info would be available on the E.A site but i couldnt find anything so checked the severn trent site and nothing on there either. I read somewhere about a phone number you could ring for hight tides and river info but i just cant find the thread so if anyone does have the info then please pass it on as it really would be a great help.