Spooks

C

Clive Evans

Ron, You're a wicked old s*d at times!
I think I like you.
Now, would that be a step forward on the Great Wheel of Life, or a step back?

P

Phil Hackett

I think Masters Bibby and Marsden should tell us about their spooky fishing tale!

J

john conway

Just to resurrect this thread after a spooky nights fishing. I do quite a lot of night fishing almost all of which is on my own. Last night for the first time I visited the Warrington AA stretch on the River Wyre. I’d decide to fish well into dusk and like you do I got carried away when I kept getting bites that I couldn’t hit. By the time I made contact with a fish it was well after midnight and when the Church clock chimed one I decided to call it a day. The way back was a little exciting wadding through waist high vegetation but the full moon helped a wee bit. Have crossed a suspension bridge and a short walk across a small meadow I landed at the Church, yes you’ve guessed the car park was the other side of the graveyard. It simply had not occurred to me when setting off that I’d have to walk back though the graveyard in the dark. It really doesn’t make any difference even if you don’t believe in spooks I certain wasn’t going to hang around just to prove a point. That night I had some wired dreams about being chased with things I couldn’t see.

M

Mark Williams

My short-sighted mate Greg dropped off one night under his umbrella, having taken his glasses off. I was awake at first light, in time to hear his scream and see the whole brolly quake nad him emerge white as a sheet. He put his glasses on, and looked much better. He said he'd woken to see a huge pterodactyl flying toward him over the horizon. When he got his glasses on, he realised it was an earwig on the rim of his brolly...

M

Mark Williams

Oh, and Tony Miles has got the best eerie story. When I first read it, knowing Tony as an honest bloke, it sent a shiver down my spine. Come on Graham, get Tony to post it for us...

P

Paul Williams

Andrew,
I know you are far to polite to say "once is enough".