Single species sites

BarryC

Reaction score
I know this forum has specific sections for Carp and Barbel but does anyone know of any single species sites/forums for other species.

I suspect Perch and Pike have them and I know of the Anguila site for Eels but what about Roach Tench etc.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I would love to know if the roach has such a site-what a pleasure it would be discussing and exchanging view on this wonderful,wonderful fish...................!!

So many people would contribute and just think of the knowledge that would come to light...............

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

There you are Ron, never one to shy away from a challenge /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifPerhaps a collaboration between Ron and Mike T ?? Rons Roach Ramblings ??

The Chub Study Group now has a web site but members at the AGM voted not to include a forum board, not even a members only forum.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Perhaps the problem is that a Roach Study Group would become just another 'secret society'in much the same way others seem to go........and in some ways I understand that approach-after all many people just want to feed off other peoples hard work.

Whatever else,if such a group managed to start-up I think it could be a positive move if only to establish where the roach stocks are in various rivers/lakesand any results could be published(or added to Freds book if/when he writes it).

As with any such idea itneeds kickstarting and a not inconsiderable amount of time-nice way to spend winter evenings though..........................................

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Not Fred...........................but Ron(he who writes books and is sort of famous-at least he mixes with the famous-cakey for one and RW for another)...............!!

Just as well nobody reads this rubbish!

F

Fred Bonney

Phew, I was just going to get my Roach gear out to polish upmy technique,and become an overnight expert/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

"The Chub Study Group now has a web site but members at the AGM voted not to include a forum board, not even a members only forum."

That's exactly what AGM's are for.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Ron set up a Roach Club a few years ago, I'm sure with a little help and encouragement from his friends his enthusiasm could be reignited. I'll get me 'at./forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

There is of course Tench Fishing World and there was talk of registering Chub Fishing World. The TenchFishers have TenchTalk, may be a ChubChat at some time.I'll not mention the B.S./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Off track a little Fred, but I don't see the point you tried to make.

TheAGM did vote to have a web site last March (at about the third attempt)and only for a 12 month trial period, but the census of those present decided not to include a forum.

The Group is run (ran/)by the members for the members, no secret society or dominating officials. Group officers carry out the wishes of the membership and it's worked pretty well since 1972

As I said to Ron recently, most members will share almost anything, even beds if you listen to some /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifDefinitely no secret squirrels

F

Fred Bonney

John, quite straight forward really,my point is that AGM's are for members to make their choices known.

If you don't attend an AGM, or make your point for the AGM, and you don't like the way things turn out, you get what you get, or do the other thing!

Dave Smith

Reaction score