Fishing without a licence costs Derby man over ?500

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Should be a £1,000.00 for first offence and have their tackle taken away, then double for second time, bang them up third time.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
It always suprises me to read posts on fishing Magic,predominantly a coarse fishing forum, in support of the rod licensing system. Especially posts that suggests that the penalty for not buying a license should be greater than the penalty for drink driving, or most probably, beating someone up in the street for no reason.

Stop and consider for a moment, what have the E.A. done in your area to improve Coarse fishing? I've done just this, and I can't think of anything at all.

How about you area?

Value for money?

Why do other water users not pay?

Might be worth having a long think about this, before you apparently blindly support this particular piece of government legislation.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Ric take a good look at our highway do you think road tax is worth it, I dont but we have to pay it at the end of the day. We need to purchase a rod licence to fish uk waters, ?26 which is nothing at the end of the day. Sorry but I disagree Ric

W

Wolfman Woody

Ric, the law is riddled with unfairness.

In a programme the other day they reported on stories:
  1. a man was fined over £1000 for parking in his front garden not having applied for kerb lowering permission
  2. A woman was fined £500 by her local council for putting her bin out a full day too early
  3. A man was fined £85 for killing someone in an traffic accident.
No comparison and just shows how British Justice now works.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Ric, the law is riddled with unfairness.

In a programme the other day they reported on stories:
  1. a man was fined over £1000 for parking in his front garden not having applied for kerb lowering permission
  2. A woman was fined £500 by her local council for putting her bin out a full day too early
  3. A man was fined £85 for killing someone in an traffic accident.
No comparison and just shows how British Justice now works.</blockquote>
Why then would we wish to fuel the insanity?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
The problem is simple.

Fixed Penalty, this way everyone pays the same fine.

Unless you make the fines very high and hard hitting, people will carry on doing it.

Drink drivers should get £2,000.00 and 2 year ban first time, double it for a second offence,and bang them up third time with a life driving ban. That's just for drink driving, if they cause harm to someone then the courts should be given full power to take action, but they are not given that power.

The reason we have so much scum running around is down to Laws being soft, The EU and PC.

Why should someone pay say £80 for not having a Licence, and someone else paying £150 for the same offence, what you earn doesn't come into it.

If people want to fish, then buy a licence.

B

Bill Cox

Yes lets hang them and then cut off there heads and stick it on a pyke in the city centres to warn all other desperado fisherman that this dispicable crime will not be tolerated.

B

Bill Cox

Huh stonings too good for the dirty bastards. breeze block em i say.

Winston Churchill

Reaction score
Ray Daywalker Clarke
12/09/08 21:56
3532 forum posts

'Should be a ?1,000.00 for first offence and have their tackle taken away, then double for second time, bang them up third time.'

You my friend, are a know nothing, ignorant, jizz recepticle.

Tightlines.

B

Bill Cox

"You my friend, are a know nothing, ignorant, jizz recepticle."

God i wish i could be as sarcastic as that!!!

Winston Churchill

Reaction score
How do Bill, sorry about being a little abrupt, but this hang 'em high mentality does my head in. Imo not having a fishing licence is taken out of all proportion. A bloke in Bradford was recently given two years imprisonment for unlawfully killing someone while driving a car, for not having a driving licence which was a seperate offence he received no punishment. It's an extreme example, but one I feel that puts not having a rod licence to catch a few fish into perspective.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes, I would feel a lot better if dog owners and other water environment users also had a licence, a fixed penalty system would be far better and it might encourage the EA to provide more checks. The fines for non licence users bear no resemblance to the society we live in, the law is an ass, despite years of evolution.

But yes, an heads on poles up and down the river banks could be an appropriate solution or maybe just simple amputation of the casting arm or the Judas chair.

I feel the same way about benefit cheats from lowley council states, people who are caught in poverty traps, no qualifications, no opportunities and no hope, so they do the odd cleaning job on the side, they are caught and brought to justice and unable to pay a fine anyway, what next the workhouse, yet we have those in society who cheat the system by many millions by putting a few figures in the wrong columns on a balance sheetand get away with it, simply because they are too hard to target. I dont profess to know what the answer is, but we are getting it sadly wrong.

Noel80

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ric Elwin wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

It always suprises me to read posts on fishing Magic,predominantly a coarse fishing forum, in support of the rod licensing system. Especially posts that suggests that the penalty for not buying a license should be greater than the penalty for drink driving, or most probably, beating someone up in the street for no reason.

Stop and consider for a moment, what have the E.A. done in your area to improve Coarse fishing? I've done just this, and I can't think of anything at all.

How about you area?

Value for money?

Why do other water users not pay?

Might be worth having a long think about this, before you apparently blindly support this particular piece of government legislation.</blockquote>

I'll quote one of your own posts, if you don't mind:

- "If it's anything like the rest of Asia though, nothing will be easy. If you can find a water that's not been netted, dynamited or polluted, you'll almost certainly be faced with an arduous journey to get there, maybe a trek of a day or two. "

For me, £25 to stop this happening in our waters is a small price to pay.

I have no problem whatsoever paying a paltry £25 a year. It's about the only thing that unites anglers and gives us a little bit of power. I gather that boat owners and canoeists also have to pay for permits from British Waterways.

It's not perfect but I'd rather pay for a licence than have a complete free-for-all.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Winston Churchill you talk shit, and as with many others take things out of proportion.

Killing someone by driving has Naff all to do with an EA licence. If you bothered to read my post correctly, you would have seen what i said about causeing harm whilst driving.This is where you and others let themselves down.

Fixed penalty is the only way forward, if the fine is not big enough to hurt them, they will just carry on doing it.

So dont talk shit about getting things out of proportion, when clearly you are the one who is doing just that.

You dont want a big fine for anyone fishing without an EA licence, why is that, dont you buy one yourself?.

C

Cakey

mr Churchill I felt the same ......until a drunk wiped out a mate on his motorbike !

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Cakey,

There is nothing worse than having friends or family harmed by drink drivers, or illegal drivers, i have lost both myself.

That is way i said the courts should be given full powers.

As Monk said, the law is an ass.

C

Cakey

yep

I once had a row with a mate once who said "******* got nicked last night for drinking and driving ,aint it a shame ?"

he got the mega hump when I said "NO"