fishing makes me really tired

nicky

Reaction score
is it just me or does this relaxing sport of ours absolutley knacker you out.

When i come home from fishing on a saturday im usually so tired that i need to prop my eyes open with matchsticks just to stay awake.

to put this in to context i did a charity bike ride last sunday from brecon to cardiif consting of a 55 mile trek but when i came in i was fine aching a bit but no problem staying awake.

anybody else get like this i find it's worse when float fishing or quiver tipping im guessing it's because of the eye strain from staring all day

alan

Reaction score
i get the same way. fishing hangover my Mrs calls it.

i think its down to the concentration levels. all day staring at a float or rod tip not daring to move your eyes in case you miss the bite.

ive found a trip out on a boat leaves me completely knackered.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Its because you sit there all day doing nothing, body just winds down, and relaxes.

Dont any of you come on here and say its hard work, If you do your kidding yourselve's.

Reaction score
You'll always get tired if you go fishing with Matt Corker - not only does he drag you over fields soon to be designated quagmires and sends you up treacherously slippy hills in the pitch black but..... Now, Now,...we'll have to help him lug the twenty tons of Sonu baits he's won from Marsbar - this is in addition to the church roof's worth of lead he got at that DVSG thing in Rotherham. No wonder he's shrinking. I have to go training at the rugby club and Morespiders has to resort to two roll ups at once before any trip with him!

Concentration and repeated casting plus roving does lead to a pleasant exhaustion.

nicky

Reaction score
just had an eye test last week and the optician said i have exceptional vision so it cant be that, i have a physical job where im stood up all day sometimes have to get up at 5am and work a 10 hour shift and do a lot of lifting but i'm 10 times more tired when i come home from fishing i often fish close to home so theres no lugging loads of gear for miles so i haven't got that excuse, drinking copious amounts of red bull and rocket fuel when i get home does help a bit.

I was wondering if wearing polaroids may help

Morespiders

Reaction score
No Nicky, I think you missed my point, Its the inactivity, I come home and am tired, Its the fact your sitting there, your body gets used to it and starts to shut down.

Polaroids, no binoculars to see if Corkers coming/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Its hard work when your catching but my sessions are at least 24hrs long or my longest a week, so theres loads of time for power naps. Its always the drive home that knackers me out, then the sorting out of my gear as soon as I get home.

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Dan (emmo Jnr) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Its hard work when your catching but my sessions are at least 24hrs long or my longest a week, so theres loads of time for power naps. Its always the drive home that knackers me out, then the sorting out of my gear as soon as I get home.</blockquote>Hard work when your catching?. What marlin , gt whites?.
Lucozade junior/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Not marlin but 11 catfish in 24 hours can tire the arm a some what, I`m only jnr as my dad`s a member too, hense the Emmo jnr. D.O.B 1981 /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Dan (emmo Jnr) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Not marlin but 11 catfish in 24 hours can tire the arm a some what, I`m only jnr as my dad`s a member too, hense the Emmo jnr. D.O.B 1981 /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Emmo, that equates to one cat every 2 hours , so you still have an hours break between.

Lucozade and Marsbars boy/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Kippy, you got that shite reel yet?./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif <blockquote class=quoteheader>Morespiders(ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Dan (emmo Jnr) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Not marlin but 11 catfish in 24 hours can tire the arm a some what, I`m only jnr as my dad`s a member too, hense the Emmo jnr. D.O.B 1981 /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Emmo, that equates to one cat every 2 hours , so you still have an hours break between.

Lucozade and Marsbars boy/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Emmo, in my reckoning your at least 29, you have a rest between post boy/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Then take into account getting the fish too onto the bank "these arent 3 pound roach", then weighing having a picture, then returning the fish safely, tidying up, rebaiting and setting the bait, plus baiting the swim for 3 rods but spiders I bet it is hard for you waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting ansd waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waitng for the tiddlers to bite, you get my drift

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Dan (emmo Jnr) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>spiders I bet it is hard for you waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting ansd waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waitng for the tiddlers to bite, you get my drift</blockquote>
God Emmo you sent me to sleep <blockquote class=quoteheader>Mark Hewitt (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

He won't be 29, if he was born in 1981...................</blockquote>

Go on then correct me Mr Hewitt.

Hairsplitter/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
27 last Tuesday, spiders I hope your fishing better than your maths but if you dont catch then I suppose with nothink to do then your body would shut down