The Carless Angler Thread

barbelboi

Reaction score
Surely this must be ideal for your requirements Clive.....................;)

3dwork_hyvan_rust_studio.jpg

aebitim

Reaction score
Didn't have a problem with the petrol budget Terry. Honda SS50, four speed moped - 30mph flat out and almost 200 miles to the gallon. I could get to work, 14 miles away four days a week and then still have enough petrol left for a trip up to the Wharfe.

Later on I had a Honda 70cc step thru and killed it coming back from the Trent riding a 30mph tail wind flat out. The big end seized up the next day. But in between I got a BSA 250 C15 that had already been equipped for fishing by the previous owner - two fibreglass panniers and a top rack.

Happy days :)

p.s. Don't you have Citroen 2CVs in England? I'm sure I saw some when I was there and as they say; "Second class riding is better than first class walking." :wh

Just caught up with this and cant resist sharing,my Honda ss 50, struggled to get more than 90mpg but it did do 45 mph, didnt have a 70cc, had a 90 honda stepthrough took about a teaspoon of oil and seized given half a chance, the suicide cluth was great for wheelies though [ hold the gear pedal down as far as it would go, give it full chat and take your foot off the pedal and hang on]. Loved my C15 1962 distributor model, upgraded to a Royal Star, happy days, 2CV came later, using mobil 1 gives an extra 3 mph top end, but does cause problems with the scrolls allowing oil to contaminate the points. If you do buy one the first thing to check is that the absorbent pad that is supposed to soak up the drips of fuel from the carb has been removed, fire is not an uncommon end to these wonderfull machines.

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi nicepix,
I've been looking for a C15 or the Renault equivalent for fishing and my mole trapping work to save using the car. To say how many they are on the road and their age there are precious few available for sale, especially with less than 300k on the clock.
Biggest problem I remember with my old C15 was -it wasn't just a C15 - it was a C15G. This was the end of the C15 line and I suspect they ran out of stock parts part way thru the production run - so they used bits and pieces from other models in the BSA range. Getting parts for it was always fraught with difficulty - the rear brake was from a 500 single, the clutch cable was from what was to become the B25, other cables and linkages were 'special order items'. The workshop manual for the C15 had some addenda for the G model - including such classic comments when connecting the oil feed and return as "except on the C15G where they may be connected the other way round on some models" - ffs - I kid you not!
Much as I loved the old bike for about 5000miles - I wouldn't urge anyone to get one today!

terry m

Reaction score
Hi nicepix,

Biggest problem I remember with my old C15 was -it wasn't just a C15 - it was a C15G. This was the end of the C15 line and I suspect they ran out of stock parts part way thru the production run - so they used bits and pieces from other models in the BSA range. Getting parts for it was always fraught with difficulty - the rear brake was from a 500 single, the clutch cable was from what was to become the B25, other cables and linkages were 'special order items'. The workshop manual for the C15 had some addenda for the G model - including such classic comments when connecting the oil feed and return as "except on the C15G where they may be connected the other way round on some models" - ffs - I kid you not!
Much as I loved the old bike for about 5000miles - I wouldn't urge anyone to get one today!

The C15 morphed into the C25 (Barracuda) before it became the B25 (Starfire). They were both significantly sportier than the stodgy C15. The C25 was very short lived, less than one year simply because it had an extremely fragile con-rod and big end. The B25 was fun to ride and very loud as it had a high compression engine (by late 60's standards at least).

aebitim

Reaction score
The C15 morphed into the C25 (Barracuda) before it became the B25 (Starfire). They were both significantly sportier than the stodgy C15. The C25 was very short lived, less than one year simply because it had an extremely fragile con-rod and big end. The B25 was fun to ride and very loud as it had a high compression engine (by late 60's standards at least).

Then there was the t 25, meridon triumph badged bsa, the late b25 had a different valve adjustment using an eccentric cam rather than the locknut system for better performance at high revs. Still got a c15 engine kicking about somewhere, sold the t25 mid 2000s, currently riding Guzzis

terry m

Reaction score
Then there was the t 25, meridon triumph badged bsa, the late b25 had a different valve adjustment using an eccentric cam rather than the locknut system for better performance at high revs. Still got a c15 engine kicking about somewhere, sold the t25 mid 2000s, currently riding Guzzis

The T25 was just a re-badged B25, which also had the eccentric cam adjuster. But the T25 was a street scrambler styled bike, not very successful and discontinued after a couple of years.

A penchant for Italians here too, currently riding a Duke.