Default Re: How did you get on?

i was inspired by my fishing today to write a poem

Oh mighty swan
    How great and powerful in every dimension
    A flighted manifestation of God's pointing finger
    Who delivered a fabled Goddess from the river Issus
    why do you like my pellets so much
    And Bring your kids into my swim like an aquatic chav
    Why don't you go after that bloke opposite ?
    The one who is pulling all the carp out
    If you don't its the landing net for you again
    Last edited by bennygesserit; 04-07-2014 at 20:38. Reason: Added some skillz

I like a good rhyme

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    I like a good rhyme
    Have you seen one?

Am suffering badly from Hayfever at the moment so haven't been out since the solstice. Am going to do a long weekend starting on Friday, so feel a three day blank coming up! Just hope that I don't need the anti histamine by then.

Stu

Ha ha philistines a true artist doesn't care about fame only his art.

That said the plan to fish like Tommy pickering went out the window as I just had so many fish in the corner of the pool i decode to fish , numerous small roach taking corn on a size 12 hook ! Oh plus numerous swans

Thank you Dylangesserit...............
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Am suffering badly from Hayfever at the moment
    I dose up regularly on Loratadine (Clarityn) to reduce the effects of hayfever which I've suffered for over 50 years.
    Advantages of taking the Anti-histamines is that it reduces the effect of:
    - Nettle stings
    - Midge bites
    Every Cloud ... eh?
    Cheers

Just had a four hour evening session on a Bristol Avon wier pool. Luncheon meat on a link ledger. Four eels, up to pound and half. Three chub, up to four pound and what I hoped was a barbel. But no it was a pike pushing ten pound. My hook length went ping just as I got it in the net!. Had a spell on worm and had a few perch. All on a avanti rdx 2 barbel rod, that I saw on eBay for almost no money. It was just down the road from me, so I thought why not. Have to say I seriously impressed with it for the money, after the ten pound pike, it handled it easily.

On Monday I fished a seriously over grown little stream, nearly packed up and went home. In the end I fished for two hours and caught one little plump roach. This rain should change things a bit. The water needs a bit of colour and cooling down a bit. Weed growth is exceptional I would imagine, mild winter, good spring, lots of sun. I bet its a problem on many waters.

Hectic week and my weekly outing was in serious threat until the weather intervened and I had to abandon mowing a lawn. I grabbed some pearl barley and bread and headed off to the river pronto. I was after Roach and did manage one small one of about a couple of ounces but rather more surprisingly a feisty little Perch of about six ounces took a liking to it. Both fish were in beautiful condition and colour and lip hooked (always a relief with Perch), which shows my reflexes are not as knackered as my eyesight! I am enjoying getting used to my centrepin and have not used a fixed spool in anger yet this season, but my catches have been small so far, so next week it will be bigger baits and a quiver tip as well. Managed to break my fold up stool, which kept sinking into the soft bank and I ended up on my arse with legs in the air as the strain on the plastic collar was too much. Seemed to kill the swim for some reason
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

headed off to the river pronto.
    Hi Lambert1:
    Well you've got me stumped - I thought I knew most Thames tributaries - but I couldn't find the River Pronto anywhere!
    Tight Lines!