How did you get on?

lambert1

Reaction score
First blank of the season, left in a hurry (not been for two weeks) and forgot the bread. Dismayed to find some morons jumping off the bridge into the river and treating all and sundry to their limited linguistic skills. Hot weather does odd things to folk I guess. Tried a variety of baits and got no more than tentative bites. But still it was a lovely evening when the sun went down and oh so peaceful!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
So the 'morons' jumping off the bridge did not include naked females then...........

As for forgetting the bread; We've all done it, and sitting with the thought ' I would have caught at least a dozen good roach on it' buzzing around your head it definitely spoils the session....

Still, it was a nice evening.....

B

binka

How's the chair holding up,Steve ? Bet365 have a leg break by tomorrow night at 11/4 !;)

Lol... I'm having a tenner on that :D

Seriously it's spot on thanks, solid as a rock, better than when it was new :w

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
I was disappointed in that the forecasted thunder & lightning never materialised because this was the driving factor for wanting to go so I could sit and chill out through the night whilst watching the storm.
I did the same on Friday, I had a meeting with the owner of our lake organised (Pizza's cooked by the lake in a wood fired oven and too much wine, he has a hut on one of the islands) I fished on through the night afterwards.

Forecast was that the storm would hit at about midnight but about 8-00 it got very dark, the clouds started to 'ribbon' with the charge and then BAM, an hour and a half of natures fireworks, wonderful.

Retired to the bivvy and was kept awake all night by the rain, the odd clap of thunder and five carp that seemed to think that this was a good time to have a munch! (nothing big, all low/mid doubles).

Fished in the margin, either side of my swim (a cut out in the bankside foliage) boily over hemp.

By the time I put the tea on at 5, I was very damp and tired. Fished on for a few hours then packed up. Great night.

Stu

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Stu the Blank that sounds absolutely idyllic.

I fished all day Friday till late had. Numerous roach , skimmers , Rudd and small carp , switched pools later on and caught a mid double or at least I think I did , I dont have scales , I did video it but on the video it looks about five pound. My lad turned up late afternoon and we spent the rest of the day together which was fantastic.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Fished the charity open match today at Marsworth Res. Before I left home I decided I would fish feeder all day so only took 2 feeder rods.
Normally you need bream to frame in this fixture but they didn't show. With 2 hours to go I cut off the feeder and tied on a light pole rig. Fished to hand for 50 odd Rudd and roach on maggot. Weighed in 8lb 6oz for 4th place.
Winner had 4 bream and bits for 24lb+.
My mate stayed on the whip for most of the 6 hours and had 22lb of roach for 2nd. 3rd had 10lb odd of mainly roach on the pole. I was on the scales and left my gear on my peg. Returned to pack it up and it started to rain really heavily. Got totally drenched.
11 fished...

barbelboi

Reaction score
Nice one Steve, out tomorrow for a bit of Southern fried river fishing
face-palm-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
B

binka

Lol yeah the chair's still doing great thanks Skip, even my regular fishing mate reckons I've sorted it good 'n proper this time and he's lived through the many woes with me in the past :D

Aussie Bob

Reaction score
Weather was finally decent on sunday fished Lake Wendouree with single piece of corn about 3 feet under a waggler , caught a brown trout of about a pound and half , had another of about the same size at the net and it spat the hook.
And just for good measure after missing about 5-6 bites connected with a bigger model that i hooked about 10 metres out it jumped and ended up tail walking very rapidly towards me before again spitting the hook a couple of metres from the bank. Never really had any control of it and ended up with the hook and float wrapped round me.
Would have seriously missed a good dozen bites and they werent shy of having a go either think they were just mouthing the corn and not seriously taking it (tried waiting a bit longer before striking without much luck). I was only using size 14 barbless hooks so maybe should have upped the size.
Best thing was a guy spinning who decided that when you cast you need both your lure and rod in the water at the same time. Managed in the end to catch the rod with a piece of line a sinker and one of his 2/0 snapper hooks. Did wonder of he was keen enough to go and take a dip to get it ...the water would have only been about 3-4 c degrees (winter down here)

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Went for chub yesterday, looked a nice swim for chub but, all I got was small fry until the last knockings and this bream showed up. About 5lb which is a very good fish for the river, usually they are small. Not had many this size in this water. 2 grains of sweetcorn on a ten hook and just a tiny quill float with one shot 2 ins from the hook.

Ps, I had some pictures but, for some reason I cannot show them.

thecrow

Reaction score
Fished a new (to me) bit of the Trent yesterday, very different to the small river fishing I have been doing for the last few years, fished till 10.30 pm ended up with one fish a Barbel of around 8 to 9 lbs, I don't weigh or photograph fish very often so cant be sure, decent enough start though.

neil1970

Reaction score
Blank with no action whatsover apart from me shouting at two canoists going over the weir.:mad:

Nice to see Simon and to meet Jerry though:)