Thanks Thanks:  504
Likes Likes:  70,799
Page 1114 of 1360 FirstFirst ... 11461410141064110411121113111411151116112411641214 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,140 of 13593
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How did you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    Was that the hot & Spicey spam that Lidl sells?
    I get mine from B.M. Keith but I do know that home bargains sometimes have it as do Asda but theirs is usually more expensive, I have caught 6 different species on it so far. I didn't know that Lidl sold it so that's another place I shall be visiting in search of it
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

I used to fish this pond many years ago for the feral goldies, they were half orange and half black. It's quite near to a housing estate so there were quite a few in there. I just assumed this was one of their descendants.
    Last edited by Another Dave; 05-09-2018 at 17:34.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Is that your usual water where they have a barbless only rule? Just curious as that tenches mouth is smashed bud.
    Yes it is but all the clubs waters are barbless only. What it does show is that even when using barbless (if they do I have never seen the bailiff check) some are cack handed, my thoughts are that not all are adhering to the barbless rule.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Quote Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
    I get mine from B.M. Keith but I do know that home bargains sometimes have it as do Asda but theirs is usually more expensive, I have caught 6 different species on it so far. I didn't know that Lidl sold it so that's another place I shall be visiting in search of it
    I think luncheon meat is a very under rated bait.

I have had some nice fish on it in recent seasons.

I dice it and give it a liberal coating of Lo-Salt. Then I pop it in a bag with a glug of "The Source" liquid. I give it a good shake and chuck it in the freezer. It seems to give it an edge over plain baits. I use Lo-Salt on sweetcorn and rolled bread for punch as well as with hemp for loose feed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

It’s been written before but I can’t find it, what’s the attraction in Lo-salt in particular Ray?

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    It’s been written before but I can’t find it, what’s the attraction in Lo-salt in particular Ray?
    Carp seem to love salty food.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelster View Post
    Carp seem to love salty food.
    That I know, it’s the Lo salt that I’m questioning.

Blog Entries

Yeah,why not full salt salt???

After wasting the morning and a good part of the afternoon waiting for the heating wally to arrive to tell me what i already knew the diverter vale is stuffed ( Ideal Isar boiler whats new)

i finally got out on the local canal tow path side today instead of my more normal fence hopping side fished 4' 6" with 2.5 lb line to a 20 hook and a small 4no 4 reed using a Cheaper Lineaeffe exp Carbo Match 9 foot rod a bit on the heavy side but a nice rod all the same my fave goto rod for my local cut , had roach after roach after roach nothing notably big 3/4 lb i would say was the biggest but they came out a fish a chuk for a solid 2.5 hours just using single white maggot on the hook .
    So after sitting around wasting time all morning it turned out well ... looks like the weekend is going to be rubbish ...

PG ...
    Theres no dark side of the moon really as a matter of fact its all dark

The lo salt is low in sodium but not potassium if I recall correctly!!