Thanks Thanks:  504
Likes Likes:  70,799
Page 1167 of 1360 FirstFirst ... 16766710671117115711651166116711681169117712171267 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,670 of 13593

Default Re: How did you get on?

Another take her ladyship to Canterbury and I’ll spend an hour or two fishing trips today.

I’ve located some decent roach in the Mill pool and went armed with an ultralight match stick type float set up, just perfect for lowering into the pool, well it would have been had they not opened four of the sluice gates resulting in a torrent of water flowing into the pool turning it into a foaming jacuzzi.

I’d come unprepared for any other type of rig so aborted the mission, phoned the good lady and asked if she didn’t mind getting the bus home.

I made way back home and swapped the float rod for a lure rod and drove the short distance to the estate for a spot of spinning in search of the few elusive perch that reside in the lake.

Gusting winds and the onset of heavy rain didn’t allow me more than thirty minutes of hurling a Mepps spinner in various parts of the lake without any interest. Drove back into town before she’d got the bus and chauffeured her back home in some horrible weather.

I’d not visited the lake before this late in the year, I’ve been missing a spectacularly colourful treat, more like New England than the garden of England.

Lovely photos once again John!

Is the reel pictured a Ninja and if so do you like it?

, it’s Mother Nature we should be thanking really but thank you Mike.

A filthy day around here, at least fro 11am on. But it was mild and I felt like doing some kind of fishing. I health-checked the lobworms; I'd put them in a woven sack and fed them, and they were in better condition than when I bought them, so I thought I'd give the worm dropshotting another try. It was obviously going to pxxx down again, so I headed for the nearest place I could step out of the car and start getting snagged up, I mean dropshotting. I nearly abandoned the idea when I remembered the Council had turned the free parking on the embankment, 5 minutes away, into a pay-by-phone nightmare. It took 10 minutes of if-you're-losing-the-will-to-live-press-3 before I'd managed to pay for a minimal 2 hours. 20p!

They say perch like structures, so I parked here. Must be some at home, surely?

How did you get on?-sb1.jpg

The footbridge has arches on the bank - and I found I was sharing the swim with 4 kids smoking weed, listening to some hip-hop stuff and discussing the finer points of life. They greeted me cheerfully "Hey!!! Fishin' !!!" but didn't bother me after that.

The first two chucks - you couldn't fish too close to the bridge itself; you could see the bottom in inches of water well past the last concrete step - told me where not to cast as my expensive swan shot joined the the rest of the gear on the bottom of this tackle-eating river. The next two came up with a couple of perch like this

How did you get on?-sb2.jpg

At that point the university rowing club descended on the bridge for a conference, so I moved down a bit,
    chucked in and lost the lot in another snag. So that was that. Total fishing time 30 mins, and I reckon the Council owe me 15p.

You say you lost the lot Kev, what breaking strain are you using and do you use a lighter BS below the hook for the weight?

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    You say you lost the lot Kev, what breaking strain are you using and do you use a lighter BS below the hook for the weight?
    I've got a light braid, 10lb, with a metre of 6.5lb flourocarbon. The shot pull off easily enough; when the flouro snapped below the joining knot, the hook must have been in the snag.

Quote Originally Posted by nottskev View Post
    I've got a light braid, 10lb, with a metre of 6.5lb flourocarbon. The shot pull off easily enough; when the flouro snapped below the joining knot, the hook must have been in the snag.
    I now use 20lb braid and 10lb Fluoro above the hook, 6lb below it, doesn’t seem to put the perch off when they’re “on it” however, if you encounter a submerged shopping trolley or push bike, it’s game over.

8. Default Re: How did you get on?

I got out twice yesterday, I fished dawn and dusk. I was invited for a morning after pike on a private and very pretty lake with a good friend of mine, I'd fished the lake years ago for carp but hadn't fished it in probably 10 years and had forgotten how shallow it was.

How did you get on?-.jpg

The pike aren't really fished for so we where hoping for good sport but as it turned out it was very quiet. We managed a Jack each and both where caught in the margins on the side of the lake were the sun hit first thing in the morning, I suppose they where after a bit of warmth.

How did you get on?-b.jpg

In the evening I was back on the river targeting zander. Normally I like to roam but as I had less than an hour I decided to stay put in a normally productive swim that covers a lot of water. The current was slightly quicker than normal so I ended up fishing a 10g jig head with a 10cm lure. I caught a very small zander first cast and then it went quiet till just before dark where I had two bites in 10 minutes from ever so slightly bigger zander.

How did you get on?-c.jpg

How did you get on?-c2.jpg
    Last edited by stillwater blue; 08-11-2018 at 12:07.

How did you get on?-imgp0655.jpg I'm loving trotting on a little river at the moment, some nice Dace to 8oz and Roach the same. Had around 30 fish, some so small put right back and not in the net. I've several days free next week, will be back on the river. We have also had a bit of rain my way, can only help.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Maidment View Post
    I'll try again with the missing three:

Dave's chub:

Attachment 5909

How and what were you getting them on buddy? The Chub looks amazing, iIm after a 7lb fish this season 6LB 10OZ being my best to date.

Taken from the opposite bank of the Avon!

One of my dace:

Attachment 5910

Some of the Stour roach:

Attachment 5911
    What and who did you get them, float or ledger?