Thanks Thanks:  548
Likes Likes:  75,966
Page 1287 of 1420 FirstFirst ... 28778711871237127712851286128712881289129713371387 ... LastLast
Results 12,861 to 12,870 of 14197

Default Re: How did you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    I had a few hours this morning on a club lake that I had never fished before, chose the wrong spot as it quickly became engulfed in the fluffy blossom stuff which did neither my hayfever nor my rod rings any good. Moved round to a sheltered bay where some chaps were packing up along with their film crew and I thought Simon took a lot of gear

Turned out to be Keith Arthur who came across as a nice fella as we chatted mostly about the weather, he had a couple of tench and I didn't catch a lot but enough silvers to keep me busy. Was one of those chill out short sessions where anything was a bonus
    He is a nice chappy. Not like the grumps he comes across in his AT articles. I attended a dinner dance/presentation and was seated next to him some years ago. There was far too much after dinner brandy and I cannot remember how I got home.

Blog Entries

Naughty person....

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Being still a bit early for Bass the challenge was a bit optimistic but a fun few hours which I shall repeat again soon
    Great post John and very original . Great pics as always.

The military canal looks lovely and well...... military!
    Last edited by mikench; 21-05-2019 at 18:24.

17 codgers today on the canal at Berkhamsted. Warm and sunny but chilly in the shade. Not much to report personally, I came nowhere again with 1:11 of bits.
    However the winner had 20lb of bream and skimmers, a great canal weight. Another caught a 1:7 roach, a stunning fish to behold, and one caught a tench which is also quite a rare sight on the GUC....

It was the same oop north; lovely in the sun but decidedly chilly in the shade!

The result of a mad hour or so on a gravel pit.

3lb 15oz
    How did you get on?-3lb15oz-210519.jpg

4lb 12oz
    How did you get on?-4lb12oz-210519.jpg

4lb 9oz
    How did you get on?-4lb9oz-210519.jpg

5lb 5oz
    How did you get on?-5lb5oz-210619.jpg

I could go off you Sam .

Cracking tench!

After Naseby last week we stayed local and yesterday were going to have a tench session on one of the pits but, with every bodies favourite, pussy willow cotton wool adorning the surface it was an about turn over the fields for a session on one of the woodland ponds. The idea was to catch some of the crucians but they were not having it (usually the 20C and sunny conditions would have been a good omen) so ended up with quite a few roach and small carp which were quite lively on an ‘18’ to a 2lb bottom. Fished from 10.30-4pm for an enjoyable few hours..................
    How did you get on?-woodpond-may21-19.jpg
    How did you get on?-roachpondmay.jpg
    How did you get on?-carppondmay.jpg
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    I could go off you Sam .

Cracking tench!
    If you knew the number of blanks it takes you'd be less concerned. Compared to last May they've been ridiculously hard to find. On the more positive side, I've not had one smaller than 3lb 10oz so far this year. Still to crack the 6lb mark though. I know they are in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    If you knew the number of blanks it takes you'd be less concerned. Compared to last May they've been ridiculously hard to find. On the more positive side, I've not had one smaller than 3lb 10oz so far this year. Still to crack the 6lb mark though. I know they are in there somewhere.

My local estate has behaved in a similar fashion with a far more productive May last year compared to this one.