Thanks Thanks:  439
Likes Likes:  64,954
Page 1290 of 1290 FirstFirst ... 290790119012401280128812891290
Results 12,891 to 12,896 of 12896

Default Re: How did you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    That’s a very nice Tinca there at 8lb 6oz Rob (alias theartist) .

What with two people reporting 8s on here in the last couple of days the Tench bug is really getting to me and I’ve got my Tench rods all setup and raring to go

Keith
    What's a tench rod lol ?, Can I just say my contribution was straight out of flukeville, I would be thinking of joining PC and Skippy at the Aquadrome on their fish in were it not for the vino I am consuming right now in full on Mikench fashion

Not to fish of course, now where did I put my water skiis and speedos? eewwww!

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    it not for the vino I am consuming right now in full on Mikench fashion
    If you need any guidance Rob you only have to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    If you need any guidance Rob you only have to ask!
    Haha I am doing just fine mate cheers, here's to the tench and all the different shades of green

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    What's a tench rod lol ?, Can I just say my contribution was straight out of flukeville, I would be thinking of joining PC and Skippy at the Aquadrome on their fish in were it not for the vino I am consuming right now in full on Mikench fashion

Not to fish of course, now where did I put my water skiis and speedos? eewwww!
    You'd have been doubly disappointed, Rob. Firstly the tench were conspicuous by their absence....possibly due to the carp having their stupid heads on and charging anout all over the lake getting ready for spawning. I had to move to get away from the damn things constantly banging into my lines.

Not before I'd had a deeply disgusting bream of around 5lb and yet another bleedin coot.

Simon blanked, I blanked ( tench wise) but the Big Feller had a lovely fish of 6-2 and lost another before the lake just died on us. The willow fluff was an absolute pita too and between me and the BF we lost 6/7 feeders on the incredibly snaggy bottom.

Think I'll give the place a rest now until spawning is over and I'm back from me holiday.

And secondly the boat wasn't out today. Until the summer hols its only out on Wednesdays and Fridays...plus the weekend of course. Now I know this its strictly a Tuesday or Thursday water. It may not bother the fish but it bloody well bothers me.
    Last edited by S-Kippy; Yesterday at 19:47.

Cardiologist yesterday, eye clinic this morning, GP tomorrow... when am I supposed to go fishing? This afternoon looked like the best chance, so I went. Last time out, everything bar carp had mysteriously disappeared from the Old Lake, so today - weather more or less identical - I thought sod it, I'll fish for them. I took nothing but my new Shakespeare Agility (that's my middle name) Pellet Waggler rod, a re-purposed front-drag Shimano which I don't like but which toned well with the rod and a tub of 8mm pellets.

I set up in a swim with an island and commenced to fish just like they do in the innumerable youtube pellet waggler videos. Keep feeding 2 or 3 pellets, keep casting, feed then cast or cast, feed and draw your bait back blah blah. Not a bite. Not a carp in sight. You couldn't see the water for carp last time. I assumed it was karma for my dissing the market-leading brand amongst the fish of today.

I was about to sneak off - I hadn't paid yet - when the bailiff's car appeared in the car park. I bemoaned the lack of fish - I was hoping he'd waive the ticket - and asked where all the carp were. Down the other end, he told me. So to save the day, since I now had £5 invested in it, I drove round to the other end, chucked in, and there they were.

From the bunch I caught, here's the prettiest

And the.... well, even its mother etc. It was a handful in the water and on the bank, and at least proved that
    the rod and set-up - .20 Supplex/.16 Silstar - was up to scratch.

I'd not tried fishing like this before. I found it similar to method feeder: an odd mixture of nothing happening followed by the sudden excitement of a big fish steaming off. It certainly keeps you busy feeding and casting.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    You'd have been doubly disappointed, Rob.
    I doubt it Brian, sounds like you had good company and it was a cracking day to be out in the sun, It ain't all about catching