Thanks Thanks:  507
Likes Likes:  71,082
Page 1315 of 1362 FirstFirst ... 315815121512651305131313141315131613171325 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,150 of 13616

Default Re: How did you get on?

That's a cracking perch Pete

Another early start on the local reservoir in a cold easterly wind,no fish showing and the grebes were right across off the west bank which would have been even colder to fish until the sun broke through and then it is too hot in about 15 minutes.Two method feeders out,one long range other one closer off the weed beds.Nothing just a couple of liners whilst watching a buzzard,five ravens and a large group of blue **** working along the willows.Eventually had two bream,the biggest just short of 4lb so no blank but no tench.Probably be back tomorrow for another brain busting session.

Fished Coppice Lane today
    started out on the pool with the big carp in , method feeder to the island and catapulting pellets could see the fish feeding, 3 wrap rounds all Bream ( Yuk ! )
    left it till around half ten then moved , as nobody catches during the middle of the day

Glad I did , fished the pole and caught loads of roach each about half a pound
    A skimmer which leapt out of the water like a marlin ( nearly ) ( Maybe a hybrid [ saw something similar on a Des Shipp video ])

then a nice carp out 3LB then one a similar size did me in the weeds - lots of missed bites ( fishing sweetcorn which was maybe too big a bait )

Then back on the pool where the big girls hang out to fish the Margins !
    Sat for 2 hours watching fish feed around my float - netted one bream ( about 3LB so not bad )

Shattered now - my chair broke and one of my gear cables on my bike snapped so was a long hot ride home

Sitting on the terrace now watching the humming birds among the orchids sipping a Mohito

( Sitting on the Patio , drinking a beer , watching the swifts )

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post

PS Nice crues Skip - good to see there are still some 3s in MF...............
    Not actually MF itself Jezza....Johnsons over the back. There are still some big uns in the MF lakes but not as big or as many as there used to be. Plenty of lumpy tench though.

Blog Entries

Went to one of my new clubs lakes yesterday,had 17 crucians getting up to a pound and a half,7 tench,a common about three to four pounds and around 15 roach to twelve ounces,all in the short pole and hard pellet,strange thing was the crus and tench fishing died a death around midday and the roach started feeding???

Blog Entries

Fairly late start on the Dam yesterday arriving at about 6:30 and a little cooler than expected in the shade but comfortable enough. Slow start picking up Roach on maggot which is all they'd look at early on. That changed as the shadow cast by the sun got closer when they started taking caster. Things picked up on caster til about 11:30 when it went quiet. That's quite normal for the Dam. It dies early and picks up again around 1:00-1:30. Average size around 4 oz with 6 or 7 for the net. This being the biggest, maybe 10oz.

How did you get on?-ld_20190628_102811_sml.jpg

The Grebe is still feeding her young which are nearly as big as she is. Had a group of photographers with telephotos as long as your arm set up next peg up. They were so glued to their lenses they never even saw the Kingfisher fly 8M in front of them and past me twice. Cast a spinner out in the quiet spells to no avail.

Packed up at 4:45, 72 Roach in all (the hourly rate's going up!) and one tiny Perch accidentally caught while the bait was hanging over the peg. Not a sign of anything else feeding and only a cruise past at around 3pm of what I suspect were 2 or three Carp. Where have all the Bream gone?

Edit: Didn't fish the slider this time. Just the 12M line about 6" off bottom and a margin rod which produced nothing at all.
    Last edited by wetthrough; 29-06-2019 at 08:39.

Quote Originally Posted by wetthrough View Post
    Where have all the Bream gone?
    In a heatwave it's not unusual for the bream to shoal just 2 - 3ft under the surface; they're still catchable on the waggler fished shallow - I've done best with casters for them. It may take a while to get them to feed.

8. Default Re: How did you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wintle View Post
    In a heatwave it's not unusual for the bream to shoal just 2 - 3ft under the surface;
    This is exactly what they are like on the Basingstoke near me - very big shoals all on or near the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Went to one of my new clubs lakes yesterday,had 17 crucians getting up to a pound and a half,7 tench,a common about three to four pounds and around 15 roach to twelve ounces,all in the short pole and hard pellet,strange thing was the crus and tench fishing died a death around midday and the roach started feeding???
    So a disappointing day Alan 7 tench is my annual quota!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wintle View Post
    In a heatwave it's not unusual for the bream to shoal just 2 - 3ft under the surface; they're still catchable on the waggler fished shallow - I've done best with casters for them. It may take a while to get them to feed.
    Same here, slow sinking bread is devastating for them on the canal and pools