Thanks Thanks:  504
Likes Likes:  70,826
Page 1331 of 1360 FirstFirst ... 331831123112811321132913301331133213331341 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,310 of 13594

Default Re: How did you get on?

Ta...………..

Who knew we could have so many problems posting photos all of a sudden, although to be fair we are used to Skippy's photos and he holds the British record for the sideways Crucian species

had a great day today - tried the silvers only lake - it was full of carp !
    Moved to the predominantly silvers lake

First out in - a carp around 6 pounds ! Sheesh !

Then fished the pole with light , enough , elastic and fed 2 swims one to sections 5 one to section 6 but at 2@o clock to the other swim - really tried to fish accurately
    Fed one swim while I fished the other
    Fed and rested the swims while I had lunch

result caught all day long
    skimmer skimmer skimmer - but then roach !
    plus these guys

How did you get on?-20190714_125612.jpg

Rudd is it ? Hooked in the bottom lip

a few of these guys

How did you get on?-20190714_155520.jpg

I really felt good cos I worked hard to keep the swims going rather than just lobbing in a method

used Des Shipp Expander pellets - worked really well
    Used Maggots
    and rather than bread fished punched Asda Wraps - since my treatment I struggle with bread but I can eat these all day , if you keep them wrapped in foil they punch out to a perfect disc

Had the pool ro myself apart from the odd dodgy character

Last fish was from the margins where I had been cadding in maggots rather than my usual hoofing them in
    caught a ton of lovely lively roach

then right at the end

this guy

on a light elastic took me 10 mins plus to land

My name is Benny Gesserit and I am a fishoholic

Had a spare few hours after tea, so I popped down for my first visit to the river of the new season. The reality is that I was largely putting off getting my gear ready for the working week to come.

I expected to get a few dace and chublets, perhaps the odd grayling and trout and the inevitable horde of minnows. If I was really lucky, perhaps a decent chub or a semi-mythical barbel. To combat the minnows, I went for a bigger than normal hook and bunches of maggots.

I had a good start in that I wasn't pestered by minnows from the off. Usually a sign that there's something in the swim keeping them away. It didn't take too long to find out that the lurkers were brown trout. Ended up with six of them, every one between 1 and 2lb. Once I started to catch rather ambitious minnows every run through, I knocked it on the head.

I mentioned yesterday the busy schedule that lay in front of me. All started well, watched NZ bat with a very beatable total, watched LH win at Silverstone and then paid a trip to the estate for a few hours with the phone tuned into radio listening to England’s reply.

After two hours I’d had just one bite, a carp which broke me up, with just 15 overs left and anybody’s to win rushed back home to watch the most amazing hour of sport I can ever recall.

Got kit ready for a full days rudd fishing on Stonar the following day.......

Arrived at 6am, leaden grey skies, a bit of precipitation and a cool northerly breeze pegging the temperatures back to 18 degrees, under normal circumstances I’d welcome such conditions but on this vast water it’s different.

I did say last time that starting on the whip was a waste of time as the Rudd don’t start showing til the sun is high
    , today they were feeding early and it was only a few minutes til I had a nice arch on the whip.

Over the next hour or two I had a dozen or so going to just over a pound.

The shoal dispersed so time to find fish down deep using a slider float set at approx 22ft, a lot of bream followed, I lost count I did think when hooking the umpteenth one that I might be on for a pb given the resistance it was giving but gladly gave up any thoughts of a pb bream when a nice tench rolled on the surface.

and that was it, bites dried up completely, the carpers had all gone home, guess the carp enjoy the sunshine as well.

Listened to Talksport travelling home, Darren Gough still wetting himself after the events of last evening.
    Last edited by s63; 15-07-2019 at 18:03.

S63 Nice tench. I wonder if the missing fin and score marks are down to cormarants?

After the talk of pole floats on here I dug out my pole and had a trip to the deep reservoir for silvers. I had about a hundred rudd and roach but nothing like the size of your rudd.

Pleasant change though. A Peter Crabtree type photo ..................

How did you get on?-001.jpg

PS I ONLY WENT AND BROKE THE NUBER 7 SECTION DIDNT I. AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS
    Last edited by john step; 15-07-2019 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    S63 Nice tench. I wonder if the missing fin and score marks are down to cormarants?
    :
    I’m sure they are, always a lot of cormorant activity on the lake.

Well it was chilly Saturday morning and yesterday was even chillier. Fishing the Wendover arm in Tring I drew the noisy peg behind the flour mill...

The roach which are normally numerous in this area were not having it like normal, everyone struggled for bites.
    The weights were pitiful with just 4lb+ winning.
    I couldn’t even muster a pound!

This morning I decided to go down to Croxley green where there’s usually a good bit of roach fishing. I started off around 9am and all was quiet and tranquil until the owner of the boat moored opposite me decided to sand down his paintwork.
    Not the gentle sound of hand and sandpaper but a bloody electric sander! Grrrrr. Power tools are the bain of my life when I’m fishing so I moved down the bank 100yds.

The owner of the red boat opposite also has a penchant for power tools but he seemed to be ashore somewhere thank god...
    I started on waggler and maggot across to his boat feeding hemp and pinkies. I soon started catching roach and felt better for it. Around midday his car appeared, he opened his shed and took out an extending power cable, oh no I groaned.
    Luckily it was for something silent so panic over.
    He seemed a bit worried seeing me cast across near his pristine boat, even more so when I catapulted maggots his way. He soon disappeared into his cabin but I could see him looking out of a window at my float. Rather than risk upsetting him I moved my float up and started down the middle.
    I changed to caster tripping the bottom in the lazy tow, this resulted in some lovely roach.

I had a few on tares as well, all good sized roach..

Matey reappeared later and to my relief started doing some silent maintenance to his topsides.
    All went well and I continued catching prime roach until his neighbour came out with a flipping flymow ffs!!!
    That was it for me, that and the distant sander was enough to send me packing.

At least I had a fair crack at the roach.....

Teach Me Obi Wan Kenobi !

HDYGO? Not very well, getting p****d off with flyfishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk