How did you get on?

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
Yes, they are beautiful fish and grow to quite a size, they can make things difficult for anglers netting a fish and returning it quickly identification wise, when I first encountered them I wondered what they were, the owner stocked loads of them, plus roach, rudd and chub, I asked him if he was trying to confuse us yokels... 😂

seth49

Reaction score
Back on our syndicate water yesterday, as it fished well on Tuesday and it’s easier to drive to due to the horrendous roadworks on the main road we use to get to the fisheries, wasnt to bad yesterday as a lot of drivers seem to be avoiding this road, just the heard this morning that it’s been extended for another month as well.

anyway another good day yesterday, with 17 tench, 5 F1s, 1 carp, and my first crucian from here this year, which was nice to see, all caught on the pole on corn again, seems to be the best bait at the moment, with a lot using it.

it was best in the morning, and then it tailed of in the afternoon, but we left earlier to avoid the traffic, which worked well for once.
20240509_111346.jpeg

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Maybe I will try the corn on the park lake Seth, haven't tried it yet just bread and a bit of occasional luncheon meat, never thought to try the corn but have a tin in my bag. I knew a bloke once that used to fish a big shallow weedy lake near Canterbury I used to go to. He would set up and throw nearly all of a big tin of sweetcorn in before he started , then he just just used to fish over it all day and he used to catch a lot of tench and occasional other species, fish came and went but by the end of the day he had a lot of fish and it was a hard lake. Don't think I will do that, for one I am only fishing for a few hours but, I often think it is not a bad idea if your going to fish all day.

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
Try feeding just pellet(in small amounts) and fish, meat, corn or bread on the hook, do not feed those baits at all, it's surprising...

riverman

Reaction score
nice session today.29 fish in the net including 2 doubles.13lb 9oz and 15lb 8oz.was at the needless pond or (hillcrest farm) in morley and boy did they hang on.17 f1's 9 tench and a cracking bream around the 5lb mark.5 of the f1's were taken on legered bread crust all the others on waggler fished mussels with loose fed hemp over the top.2nd visit to this pond this year and 3 doubles out already cant complain. ;)