Thanks Thanks:  551
Likes Likes:  76,694
Page 1416 of 1430 FirstFirst ... 416916131613661406141414151416141714181426 ... LastLast
Results 14,151 to 14,160 of 14296
    Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Default Re: How did you get on?

Lordy.....I am so fed up with being wet and muddy.

With the weather on the turn I thought I'd best get out today. Didn't fancy carp,haven't got my zander head on yet so despite not really fancying it I rumbled off for another go at the monster Thames barbel. Its a rock hard stretch but the fish are huge....that's the only reason I'm there,its not really my sort of thing at all but a big barbel is high on my bucket list and I'm not getting any younger.

River looked good I suppose...up and coloured but not as high or as coloured as it was on Sunday. In theory the barbel ought to have been on the munch but there is a very low head of fish. Fished a known spot so no excuses there but you can't catch fish that aren't there or that aren't feeding. I never had a touch from about 11am until 2 hours into dark. The river dropped and started to clear during the afternoon so conditions were pretty good I thought. Forecast was for the odd shower but it basically rained all afternoon.

So....my gear is now wet again and covered in mud again and I still haven't had so much as a gudjin off this stretch.

I'll keep going though....eventually I'll get a pull.
    Last edited by S-Kippy; 05-11-2019 at 21:34.

Blog Entries

Where to go with all this rain and hi river levels ?
    I went into my garage last night and sorted out my gear for a day on my Trent trib with the idea of a back up plan on a local stillwater if it wasn't to my fancy.so, with all my kit behind the garage door I retired to bed.
    I was still mulling over my decision and before sleep decided against my original plan in favour of a few hours luring on a near local reservoirs
    So, this morning I'm putting my pile of prepped kit back where it belongs and turfing out my lure gear.
    TBH Looking out of the window at the rain I could feel my enthusiasm waning by the minute but I pressed on and by 11-30 I was beside the water in drenching rain ready to do battle , not so much with any fish but my nearly drained out enthusiasm and energy that I kept giving a mental kick to carry on.
    Nearly four hours later My lower back and upper legs could take no more and some thirty minutes later, wet, tired and weary I was back in my garage hanging up my very wet clothes and kit.
    Bring out the sun--- please !!!!
    Last edited by flightliner; 05-11-2019 at 22:01.

I started on a flowing pound of the K&A canal, float fishing punched bread for roach. No bites but I was sitting there happy enough when a man started to talk to me. He was definately "odd" and I started to get a bit worried. He just would not go so I packed up and still he kept talking. I loaded my barrow and this chap walked about half a mile back up the towpath with me still nattering away! All of a sudden he said goodbye, turned around and buggered off.

I moved on to a club lake, only one there. Caught about 12 small roach, 5 or 6 stocky carp, 3 snotties and a barbel of about 2lbs. It sounds good but this 'lake' (muddy hole in the ground really) is horrible! It's vastly overstocked and I will not be fishing there again - definitely not my thing!!! All in all a crappy day.

I always feel reluctant to click on like to a post full of woe and depicting a miserable days fishing but I feel for all of you who brave the elements. I hate wet weather and muddy terrain. Some days are just not meant to be; if only we knew which ones.

Blog Entries

Another new to me club venue yesterday. A small pool and judging from the pegs not fished a lot. Went Monday for a look around, tripped on a low Rhododendron branch landing like the proverbial sack of spuds. All 14st on my shoulder. Felt for sure I must have broken something but luckily just a partially dislocated shoulder which popped back in when I stood up - ouch, still sore. At least it wasn't my casting shoulder.

How did you get on?-bp_20191105_164517.jpg.jpg

Decided not to fish early waiting until the sun had some power and fish the afternoon sunny side. One other angler already there. Around 11am a couple of small balls of gb then set up the 10'6" Toreon. There were enough floats decorating the trees without me adding to them. Besides, I've done two sessions without losing or breaking a glow tip antenna. Wanted to see if I could make it a hat trick. 3lb fluoro hook length to 18s and 4bb glow tip. At the distance and depth I could have managed with 3bb but there was a fair wind blowing right to left. It wasn't long before getting bites fishing on the bottom with about 4" laid on, mostly Roach to caster. Nothing huge but nice fish in good condition with very dark backs, quite a contrast to the ones at Boddington which had almost iridescent blue backs. After a few hours it went quiet and the bites I did get were hard to hit so switched to 20s to 2lb. That's when the 4lb+ Common decided to get itself tail hooked. Managed to land it and at least there were bigger fish on the move which I wasn't expecting. Bites picked up around 4pm so switched back to 18s to 3lb but still only small stuff and all to maggot. One more something took the bait around 4:45 stripping line off but threw the hook. Packed up at 5 as the light was going, a very overcast sky but at least no rain 26, mostly Roach to about 4 1/2, three small Perch and one Rudd. An enjoyable day if a little parky in the wind. Still got all my floats

Was that on the WA card Gordon?

Blog Entries

Bay Malton. I think you'd like it.

Not one I've been to. Was it Bath Pool?

Blog Entries

Yes, we can give it a go some time if you like. Perhaps when the weather warms up a bit.

Definately. I'll look forward to it. Mr Pike may be next.