Thanks Thanks:  611
Likes Likes:  80,149
Page 1427 of 1485 FirstFirst ... 4279271327137714171425142614271428142914371477 ... LastLast
Results 14,261 to 14,270 of 14843

Default Re: How did you get on?

Thanks Peter, I was following your earlier recommendation of this spot.... I was literally 12/14 inches off the island.

Its obviously a good spot, as although not visible in the pic, I think I counted 7 different wagglers stuck in that tree !

Hertsbloke, I used to fish there sometimes before I moved to Hampshire. There are some nice roach in there, had them to 1lb 11oz but I am sure there are much bigger ones in there. Also lots of 2lb plus perch, best method gudgeon livebait.
    Last edited by peterjg; 02-12-2019 at 07:03.

Not fishing at the moment, not too well, blood pressure all over the place but getting a walk in which is good so this is just to keep me interested.
    A few hardy souls on the pier, everyone complaining about the whiting however, I saw two come up and they were a bit bigger than normal but still undersized. Some reported big bass have come up from under the pier a couple of weeks ago in the rough sea but it’s been very calm for a few days. One or two small plaice and flounders coming up but not many. The little cod run back in October has petered out it seems. This has been the way for years, a little glimpse of promise and then nothing.
    Sun coming right over the beach-
    Attached Images Attached Images How did you get on?-afish30th-011.jpg How did you get on?-afish30th-010.jpg 

11 codgers fished today at Bulbourne near Tring on the GUC.
    A cloudy and chilly start followed by hazy sunshine as the morning wore on.

During the first 2 hours I fished single squat on a Sensas size 24 hook to 0:6 bottom. Just 2 tiny perch in the net..
    A few boats came through and coloured the water a bit but still no bites. A second rod with waggler and pinkie across to the far shelf also produced nothing.

At quarter to 3 with 15 minutes left I had a proper bite on pinkie down the track, a welcome roach.
    Had 3 more with minutes to spare and weighed in 0:8:0 for second. First had a skimmer + bits for 1:9:8. I beat third placed codger by 0:0:4dr...

Thats just by the Grand Junction pub isnt it ?

Yes, that's it.....

Blog Entries

I set off this morning hoping for a chub or to from my Trent tributary.
    A bucket of bread mash and a few slices of semi stale bread for hookbait along with some cubes of luncheon meat that I forgot to take from the fridge (doh) was all I felt was needed.
    On arrival it was plain to see just how much land had been inundated by the recant flooding.
    I was in no great haste to start and took my time in deciding my chosen swim, a short bottleneck that widened out quite markedly where my plan was feed the mash along it in the hope it would draw any chub up and into it where my flake bait would hopefully be more easily encountered than in the wider river below.
    I eventually made my cast after some thirty minutes of feeding tiny pieces of mash upstream and within the hour my tip lurches over in dramatic fashion and after a pretty difficult struggle where the fish tried it's best to snag itself in marginal reed it went into my net and on weighing pulled the scale needle round to 4-6.
    A good fish for the venue and nice to see after my recant lean spell.
    I sat until dark and never added another fish but no matter, always another day!

Reading the posts from Flight and PC it tallies with my experiences this week. Utter useless. A rare and complete blank in fact with not a single bite or twitch. I presume its the sudden frosts after the mild spell.

Blog Entries

Never mind Peter, we'll see and hear of lots being caught at the Lincoln do later this month from our mutual friend and star of the show.

This was the view I was greeted with this morning, I wasn’t expecting that ! Anyway not to be put off I used my landing net & handle to break open a swim.
    Spent a few hours warming myself in the winter sun, only thing missing was a few fish !
    Managed to feed a few birds and an obliging little mouse. I’ll try again next week but think I’ll bring my dead baiting rod see if the pike are feeding.