Thanks Thanks:  611
Likes Likes:  80,149
Page 1432 of 1485 FirstFirst ... 4329321332138214221430143114321433143414421482 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,320 of 14843

Default Re: How did you get on?

Some nice fish there sir!

Not fishing but fish related. Last night an enjoyable talk and slide show at the Pike Anglers Club by a mate. I had a chat with flightliner. Unfortunately I didn't have a single sniff at the raffle but I did win cash on the pike guess the weight competition.

Default How did you get on?

More of a how didn’t you get on, not a sniff at today’s first ever attempt at dead baiting. I had a couple of dips on the float but that was it. My homemade pencil float worked well enough though.
    Surprisingly it seemed pretty hard to accurately lob (cast) a heavy bait out compared to my normal wagglers and float rod.

Blog Entries

Nice to meet up again Peter, our mutual friend really did justice to his task-- fished with him a few times in the past.
    Rubbed shoulders as well in the late eighties on the stillwater Chub venue . Happy days!!
    Congrats on the guess the weight competition btw.
    My two table mates had five winning tickets on the other prizes , I just sat there , I missed two wins by a single number. Some things just arnt meant to be!

Last fishing day until after Christmas for me today. I’ve certainly had a good few days out to make up for it.
    The codgers fished at Berkhamsted where 10 sat it out in the rain for 5 hours with varying results.
    Once again it took 2 hours to get my first bite, a gudgeon...

This pound holds some big roach to 2lb which we discovered during the summer, it also hosts some big bream. One codger practiced here last week and had 20lb of them. Today however they remained elusive, as did the bigger roach.
    Gudgeon were the mainstay for most once again with some fair sized perch for a few.
    Not for me though..
    11oz of bits was best I could muster .....

Winner had 3:15.0, second 3:10:0.....

Blog Entries

I was working from home today, so naturally took my lunch break down the local pit.
    Not the biggest pike, but lovely condition and an atmospheric photo

I had a day on a moving canal today. I christened my new pole, a Christmas present from my sandwich maker.
    I had nothing of any size but stopped counting at 40 small roach/perch and a solitary skimmer and a solitary rudd of all things. Small worm and pinkies.

So nothing memorable catch wise but there is an image I shall never forget and will probably have nightmares about.
    The bank is very steep behind. This necessitated breaking the pole down into shorter pieces than usual to swing in the fish.

I went to bait the hook again and to my horror I saw a section of expensive carbon slink its way into the muddy water and disappear. The thought of what to say on my return home challenged me to say the least. ( Order a spare and lie through my teeth?)
    I was preparing to strip off and go for a dip when I reasoned that the first option should be a fish about with my landing net.

Luckily after several attempts I snagged it and was able to continue fishing with a great sense of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by neil1970 View Post
    I was working from home today, so naturally took my lunch break down the local pit.
    Not the biggest pike, but lovely condition and an atmospheric photo
    Nice picture Neil. That net is a good 'un. Mesh that resists most hook tangles. I have had one for aqes but I found it difficult to stretch down at times so I made an extension piece that pokes into the end. Sorted.

Blog Entries

That pike seems to have a lack of spots Neil,or are my eyes decieving me,most i catch have double that...

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    a great sense of relief.
    And the continued supply of butties Pete.