How did you get on?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Today I finally managed to get out on the bank for the first time since June or July last year and it was also the first time fishing since my wife passed away. As I mentioned elsewhere here, I was intending to go fishing on Monday, but the torrential rain and high winds put me off!

I called into the local tackle shop to buy some worms and casters, only to find it closed and I therefore called into the tackle shop in Droitwich. While I was in Droitwich I called in at Waitrose and bought some lunch because I make my own bread nowadays and I was running low! On the way from the car park to the store entrance, a woman flinched when she saw me in camo gear!! I tried to smile nicely, but I reckon she thought I was a mercenary or something! Conversely the checkout lady gave me a lovely smile and probably thought that I was in the armed forces!

Anyway, at Top Barn Fishery, I quickly set up a carp rod with a pop-up boilie and despite changing various set-ups and boilies, I didn’t get a take all day.

Meanwhile, the waggler rod was getting roach, rudd and perch every other cast. The fish were small though and there were none above three ounces. A more determined bite sent the float plummeting and I struck into a fish that stayed low in the water throughout the fight. I eventually netted a lovely tench. Not the best day’s fishing ever, but it was a significant day for me!

View attachment 29983View attachment 29984
Did you check your flies in Waitrose Steve?
While women often make passes at men who wear glasses. But you can make them flinch if you show them an inch, lol.

Glad you managed to get out and enjoy yourself Steve.