Thanks Thanks:  622
Likes Likes:  80,918
Page 1482 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 482982138214321472148014811482148314841492 ... LastLast
Results 14,811 to 14,820 of 14975

Default Re: How did you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    I'm not the biggest carp fan but that is a very handsome looking fish
    Thanks Skippy. We are a small outfit and look after our fishery jealously. All the sparse stock are tip top.

Ps It rained today of Boddington proportions. Maybe see you at another fish in if they go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    As a 70+er I thought I would self isolate at the club lake. Its not an easy water. I thought why not fish for a carp using stepped up methods I would use on a more prolific venue.
    A barbel rod,10bs and a home made peacock float some wormery worms and lots of drizzle . I had one bite which resulted in this pretty mirror 14 plus.

I’d have been very happy to have caught that!

Make the most of your fishing with restrictions on movements likely to be in place it could be a long close season.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I was doubtful for Boddingtons in May as it was the week before our trip to Malta....but as Malta is now off I will probably be at Boddies.

Back to the same lake as last week, but to my favourite swim.
    Fishing the waggler with dead reds frozen last week.
    Missed a few bites, hit a few. Thought I had a cracking roach on but I’m pretty sure it’s an ide or maybe a roach/bream hybrid. Weighed it as 2lb 12oz. Good little perch too that insisted on coming to the top of my keepnet looking for a way out, which was a pleasure in itself to see.
    Nice day out away from the shop I’ve genuinely had enough of selfish people this week.

Blog Entries

Defo an ide mate sadly...
    Yesterday I fished a new lake for me,I had three rudd to 8oz six or seven roach all around 4ozs five perch of a similar size and a solitary tench around 3lbs.
    Last edited by whitty; 19-03-2020 at 19:32.

Nice in the brief periods of sunshine, positively chilly when it disappeared or the wind got up. Absolutely baltic when the sun started going down. There was the odd hint of fish, but not a single bite was had. Still, it beat the hell out of another day cooped up. Perhaps it's still a bit early for this particular water though.

Blog Entries

I thought the same where I fished Chris,I actually saw tench around 18 inches under the float at odd times through the day and as my swim was around 8ft deep(deepest area apparently)I take it these fish were warming in the upper layers,not feeding....

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I thought the same where I fished Chris,I actually saw tench around 18 inches under the float at odd times through the day and as my swim was around 8ft deep(deepest area apparently)I take it these fish were warming in the upper layers,not feeding....
    Can't see a thing in this particular gravel pit. It's normally crystal clear, but the recent flooding has left it looking like the average commie. Just the odd roll, tail pattern and tiniest amount of bubbling. A pretty hard bottom usually means that signs of tench feeding are minuscule unless they decide to roll a lot.

Had to make the most of the sunny day today. The town pit, just 5 minutes down the road, seemed good for a change of scenery.
    Set up a tip rod with method feeder to a 14 wide gape. Fishmeal method mix on the feeder and 3 dead maggots on the hook.

Started around 9:30, content to be outdoors but expecting a blank..Around 2pm my phone rang and as I fumbled to get it out of my pocket, my tip wavered then went round.

4:8:0 and a missed call...