How did you get on?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
SKip,

Wonder if Binks could catch from the lake mentioned in said book? Make an interesting FM feature. Reckon his spicy prawn bait would likely be a waste of time though....:)

Back on topic Phil or Brother Simon will be after you ! TBOR is not to be taken lightly....you never know.

Anyway....I've moved us onto 667 and nothing bad has happened....er...yet !

theartist

Reaction score
Had a day out on the tidal River Adur yesterday where It was nice to run a stick through although the fish weren't having it due in no small part to my poor swim selection. I did manage half a dozen crabs though:eek:

Moved later on to the dock area where I managed a couple of Gobies on bread and a some hard fighting Wrasse on prawn using the light waggler set up i'd use on the Grand Union. The boats were a lot bigger here though and whilst the fish weren't it was great to catch a new species whilst 'her outdoors' read her book in the warm sun.

On to Brighton marina and dinner in the Wetherspoons before heading back. A nice summer day on the river and it's only just April - get in!

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
...On to Brighton marina and dinner in the Wetherspoons before heading back....

Hope you find somewhere to park ! Last time we went to Brighton we ended-up so far out of town we had to get a bus back to the centre! :eek:

theartist

Reaction score
Docks and crabs. No doubt bring memories to a few;)

Ewww nice timing hope everyone enjoys their dinner tonight :D

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

Hope you find somewhere to park ! Last time we went to Brighton we ended-up so far out of town we had to get a bus back to the centre! :eek:

The Marina is one place in Brighton where you can park for nothing, it says four hours only but that's only to 'deter' long term parking. It's a lot nice than the town centre too

barbelboi

Reaction score
A day with bright sunshine forecast from late morning so it was a yomp over the fields to one of the woodland ponds again. The target would be crucians with any roach that dropped in also welcome. Armed with 2lb line to a 20 hook, half a pint of reds and some hemp I once again fished tight to the bank side stubble for a pretty good day’s action.
3aprl17woodpond2_zpsxdjjw9qr.jpg

3aprlwoodpond1_zpsaoilcjeh.jpg

3aprl17cru1_zpskzh7zhph.jpg

3aprl17rch_zpsxhkm5sk6.jpg

3aprl17ratfish_zpsfwjpfazz.jpg

Fished from 10am – 3pm for 14 crues, almost as many roach and 3 gate crashing carp that gave a good account of themselves on the light gear. Plenty of wildlife - no people...............

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
A quick session at the favourite commercial, the usual approach of pole, pellets and meat.

Four hours was all I could manage for a gamut of reasons (none of which were as interesting as a day's fishing).

Kicked off on pole and an 8mm pineapple bandum dumbell pellet against far side reeds and the first bite didn't keep me waiting. The first fish put a big smile on this man's mug, a roach of dot on 1lb. Gave a good scrap and caught on a recently tied pole rig, which made evenings tying loads of them a bit more rewarding.

The rig consisted of a 4 no 12 carp float, 8lb main down a Middy 14 carp to a 6.1lb bottom. You know you're going to hit carp sooner or later so the strong kit really is necessary.

Anyway, the day panned out pretty much as expected and predicted with a dozen carp between 1lb and 5lbs and one odd one around 6 and a half. Also had a total of half a dozen roach, five of which were in the 3 -7oz area and ten skimmers up to a pound and a quarter or so. The tick box diary and knee mounted clicker helping to keep the accountants happy.

The session was notable for, again, grrrr, getting malleted on strong tackle by something even stronger right at the end.

It seemed a good point to call a halt and add some 10lb main rigs to the box for the next trip out, next week. It was great to get out in some pleasant weather and things have been so bad and busy recently, I've been talking to the back garden goldies. Even been thinking about catching them!!

Take care, all :)

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Fished the same large lake as last time from 1.30 to 6.30.
No sign of fish. No bites. Tench 2 Graham 0. over 16 hours.:(
Have to have a change of scene before I forget how to strike.

Suprised to see a mallard with 10 chicks. Seems early?

Also egret on bank opposite.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I fished half three to six today with tench on my mind. I was pestered by rudd as soon as my bait hit the water so obviously caught lots of 'em. I had quite a few perch n'all but nothing over about 10 ounces and then I finally hooked one of my target species which unfortunately wasn't much bigger than the rudd and stripies lol...i'd say it was about 3lb so no good for PC's tench comp lol.

barbelboi

Reaction score
The tench are definitely hard work at the moment - couldn't even get one of those tiny ones today (for the Binka challenge) that I usually pick up from that pond whilst crucian fishing tight to the sticks........:)

B

binka

What an absolutely glorious Spring day to be out and about, it’s good to see so many others enjoying it too.

Today was as much a recce of a new water as anything else, plenty of swims fished and even more plumbed up on the way past with depths and features duly noted for future sessions of a more committed nature.

I did come across something tearing up the bottom close to some overhanging brambles, I dropped a worm over it but it wasn’t taking.

On the way back to the car I decided, having not had a bite, to drop in and have some fun with whatever I could get to bite under the rod tip and the small perch obliged, probably around three dozen in all and yet another pike!

I still can’t avoid ‘em even after changing waters and after a quick reckon up I’ve landed around seventeen in recent sessions, from three different waters, which have all taken the worm.

This one still bears the battle scars of having recently spawned but they match the float colour well…

The most striking thing about the whole day was the peace, quiet and the most delightful and prolonged birdsong I’ve heard for years…

:w

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For someone getting on in years it's nice to wake up feeling as excited as kid on Christmas morning. My first trip today to an estate lake with a membership of under fifty anglers, I had the lake all to myself for the entire day.:)

The early morning as I travelled the short distance was shrouded in mist with a chill in the air but the sun soon got to work revealing glorious colours all around the lake.

The hours passed with only the sound of bird song, no cars, trains or planes, bliss. The only thing missing was a decent stamp of fish! just couldn't find a way through the annoying skimmers, tried bread, corn, meat, pellet, prawn and worm, with the exception of prawn every bait quickly snuffled by the greedy little blighters. The day was saved with a very welcome tench about two pounds.

Being able to come and go as I please with just a ten minute journey, many trips to come with the hope of better catches, some dawn and dusk fishing for sure.

C51F89A2-B957-480A-A2AA-DE02CE36B19A_zpseydebg1v.jpg

CE0F4940-0A58-4E1D-BF84-DD735689FFA4_zpswvndnoh6.jpg

4AAD47AC-8CB0-476B-8FA8-58ED33579B33_zpstl32icvl.jpg

associatedmatt

Reaction score
looks a lovley venue , i fished that estate lake i said about on sunday but forgot camera , il get some pictures when down there next . lovley place but water is down 2 ft than normal .

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Had a day out on the tidal River Adur yesterday where It was nice to run a stick through although the fish weren't having it due in no small part to my poor swim selection. I did manage half a dozen crabs though:eek:

Moved later on to the dock area where I managed a couple of Gobies on bread and a some hard fighting Wrasse on prawn using the light waggler set up i'd use on the Grand Union. The boats were a lot bigger here though and whilst the fish weren't it was great to catch a new species whilst 'her outdoors' read her book in the warm sun.

On to Brighton marina and dinner in the Wetherspoons before heading back. A nice summer day on the river and it's only just April - get in!

Trotting a stick float on the tidal Adur :rolleyes: I take it you were trotting for mullet, sea trout or schoolie bass :D

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
My first trip today to an estate lake with a membership of under fifty anglers,

You're not going to let on where it is are you?

I'm considering joining Edenbridge Club to fish the lake at Hever, but your lake looks very nice indeed - very peaceful.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Ha ha ;) That's fishing in comfort with everything at arms length I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk