How did you get on?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
s63 is a folding tabble a bit ott for a bait waiter ;)

The more usual side tray just isn't adequate come afternoon high tea.?☕️

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 ----------

You're not going to let on where it is are you?

I won't at the moment. There is nothing written about this water anywhere on the web, how I found it was down to pure luck talking with a fellow angler at another water. I've been fishing another lake less than a mile away but had no idea it existed.

I was very lucky to get in just after a wait of eight months, other members have waited years. Whether they have decided to keep quiet about the venue deliberately I'm not sure so don't wish to rock the boat.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I won't at the moment. There is nothing written about this water anywhere on the web, how I found it was down to pure luck talking with a fellow angler at another water. I've been fishing another lake less than a mile away but had no idea it existed.

I was very lucky to get in just after a wait of eight months, other members have waited years. Whether they have decided to keep quiet about the venue deliberately I'm not sure so don't wish to rock the boat.

s63, you've found a great looking venue... keep it to yourself bud ;).

theartist

Reaction score
That lake does look nice s63 I think we should have a 'jealous' emoticon on here to use sometimes :)

I also wonder if any meaning contrasts as much in the English language as 'Estate lake' and 'Lake on an estate' as i've fished the latter a few times and they look nothing like that!:D

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Knee mounted clicker! Now that intrigues me! Do i need one now or am i being presumptious; after all i have two hands:rolleyes:

Mike,

I like to try, as far as possible, to keep track of the catch in the interests of accuracy. It was a top flight matchman on here who put me onto it.

Bought a clicker at a very cheap price and ran some thick elastic to knee mount it.

In my case, it's a bit of fun, nothing more.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Mike,

I like to try, as far as possible, to keep track of the catch in the interests of accuracy. It was a top flight matchman on here who put me onto it.

Bought a clicker at a very cheap price and ran some thick elastic to knee mount it.

Several years ago it was almost a must have at Gold Valley matches, probably still is. 100lb+ weigh-ins were fairly common** with limits on how many carp could be kept in a single keepnet, the penalty being instant disqualification. Sat behind Will Raison a few times and many others, particularly those linked to the Dorking squad and all used them. Poetry in motion when they had the carp really going.

** My first 100lb+ (26 carp) match weight there saw me scrape into the top 5 of my section but at least I beat the guy on the next peg by 3lbs. Ended up nowhere near the coin in the overall match! :eek:mg:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
The more usual side tray just isn't adequate come afternoon high tea.??????☕️

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 ----------

I'm very sure I know what syndicate that is, looks very similar to the syndicate I was in many years ago, Chillam comes to mind :rolleyes:

If I'm right send me a PM and I may be able to tell you more about the place, does look very similar to where I used to fish,
If it's the same place where I once was it had quite a few true strains of wild carp in there aswell :thumbs:

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
....Bought a clicker at a very cheap price and ran some thick elastic to knee mount it.

I think it would be more fun for everyone else - especially if watching you clicking on the Grayling around your knees whilst standing on the bank of the LIF trotting - without falling in! :eek::eek:mg:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I think it would be more fun for everyone else - especially if watching you clicking on the Grayling around your knees whilst standing on the bank of the LIF trotting - without falling in! :eek::eek:mg:

Thank you very much for those few, kind words

Or the Scouse version Eh, shuttit, soft lad....:)

Yer only jealous cos I needed Deloitte and Touche that day!!!! Them, thar grayling were like you, Michael - thick and fast!! :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Clicker????? Three fingers is usually more than enough for the tench on a good day on the gravel pits around here - between 9-36 acres of water with the odd fish here and there..................;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The more usual side tray just isn't adequate come afternoon high tea.?☕️

I can picture you sat there on a hot sunny day and the big house sending down the butler carrying his silver serving tray filled with cucumber sandwiches and scones and tea :D.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
You'd have got shot for using one of those in The Longest Day...................:)

Fightin with dem Jeermans? Me?

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

I can picture you sat there on a hot sunny day and the big house sending down the butler carrying his silver serving tray filled with cucumber sandwiches and scones and tea :D.

That's one for Lord Paul, that :D

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Apologies, I didn't even look at which Forum this was. SKippy did warn me so no excuses!! If Peter will call the dogs off, I'll award myself a Crabtree Bad Writing Award :eek:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Apology accepted and back on topic again:)

Another day at the club lake for match practice and I had it to myself today.
Nice and quiet with just the birdsong and the coots getting jiggy as they do..
Same as last week I fished a shallow rig with maggots in deep water but on another peg where the shadow of the trees made the surface dark.
Float choice today was a 4x10 F1 float with a nice short red bristle and wire stem for better stability.

image30.jpeg

View image in gallery

Strung out no 11 shot for a slow falling bait to a 20 b611.
Fished 8m out and got into a rhythm feeding maggots by catty whilst lifting and dropping the rig. The roach soon turned up along with some hybrids and the occasional skimmer.. Fished continuously from 10:30 to 3pm and although it was slow going with many more bites missed than connected, I fared well.

Red kites, lapwings and woodpeckers flying overhead made a pleasant albeit slightly chilly day.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

As it happens, the lady of the house wandered past walking her dogs and said hello, I nearly doffed my cap in a Ted sort of way.

AE5B5FE5-B1EC-4F84-B33D-F8EA5BF4CCA4_zpscja3uy0k.jpg

mikench

Reaction score
Oh at last I know what Binka and Flightliner look like:rolleyes: They carry an uncanny resemblance to Lord Paul and that guy of the Fast Show;)

Off to Dubai tomorrow for eldest son's wedding so may not post for a while; too many things organised for me but no fishing:(

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Apology accepted and back on topic again:)

Another day at the club lake for match practice and I had it to myself today.
Nice and quiet with just the birdsong and the coots getting jiggy as they do..
Same as last week I fished a shallow rig with maggots in deep water but on another peg where the shadow of the trees made the surface dark.
Float choice today was a 4x10 F1 float with a nice short red bristle and wire stem for better stability.

Strung out no 11 shot for a slow falling bait to a 20 b611.
Fished 8m out and got into a rhythm feeding maggots by catty whilst lifting and dropping the rig. The roach soon turned up along with some hybrids and the occasional skimmer.. Fished continuously from 10:30 to 3pm and although it was slow going with many more bites missed than connected, I fared well.

Red kites, lapwings and woodpeckers flying overhead made a pleasant albeit slightly chilly day.

Very nice bag of silvers there Simon, well done fella :thumbs:

As you can probably tell that I'm personally not really a one for ponds and lakes etc as I love me rivers to much but at present I'm now beginning to get a bit of Cabin fever and what with the rapidly improving weather,

I really need to get meself out soon, I've got a very small over grown and neglected chalk pit not to far from me and hardly gets fished and has the usual coarse species in it,

I'll probably end up by giving it a go within the next week or so :D

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Oh at last I know what Binka and Flightliner look like:rolleyes: They carry an uncanny resemblance to Lord Paul and that guy of the Fast Show;)

Off to Dubai tomorrow for eldest son's wedding so may not post for a while; too many things organised for me but no fishing:(

Have a good time out there Mike ;bp

Ian ( tigger ) would probably of had loads more tench out of yer lake by the time you get back :D....lols

Speak soon

Last edited: