How did you get on?

mikench

Reaction score
Mark I still take a flask of fresh coffee on most venues but yesterday I had the space within the brolly to use my stove and make a fresh coffee and tea! It was all Swallows and Amazons and enjoyable. Even in the rain I could watch the birds through my bins, drink a hot latte and relish the fact that I wasn't working all beneath my brolly which protected me from the elements! As we say oop north I was cooking on gas!:wh

mikench

Reaction score
Mark, if Mike did his coffee Italian style and had to find a replacement cup he would have to raid his wifes sewing box for a thimble!.

I know what you mean Mike! French cups are small but Italian cups of espresso can be so tiny they amount to a mere mouthful! Cunning when you want several!!!

mikench

Reaction score
There might be hope for me yet Mark for a career on TV ! Next time out I will try a noisette ! I do like a coffee!:tea::teapot:

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Friday was a warm still day, perfect for a bit of pole fishing on the canal.
I normally fish the other side of this footbridge but thought I'd try this side as it was where last week's match was won from.

image.jpeg

Fished caster/maggot over a small amount of groundbait down the track and caught steadily all day. Loads of plump gudgeon, roach, skimmers and perch plus a mystery lump which dumped me in a snag....

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I didn't really want to fish the club fixture today but thought I'd better support the club. As I predicted I drew on the windward bank, straight in the kin face...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Set up a maggot feeder rod and a waggler rod and fished both with single maggot on an 18.. Tip went round about 2 hours in and a small fish was on..... then off.:mad:
That was it for the whole 5 hours I shivered my nuts off for.

image.jpeg

Only 2 in my section of 7 weighed in, I didn't hang around for the final overall result......

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That deserves an award PC, just not sure which type of award though!

rubio

Reaction score
For...Studity above and beyond?

Succumbed to it myself today. After a tediously poor 2018 on the river, (I couldn't bring myself to add to the reports of blanks), I managed a selection of small fish on punch on friday. Quite an assortment;goldfish, fantails, golden rudd and a koi amongst the roach and rudd regulars and even a handful of crucians. Nothing better than a pound but much more success than previous few weeks.Went back this arvo wrapped and layered but still the wind was cruel. Catchwise a single roach was my reward. Decent one around 8ozs. Glad to be catching anything again.

neil1970

Reaction score
We were meant to go to Swanage that day.
6 hours stuck in a jam on the M3 saw us hitting Poole Quay.
Even so it was a nice time with good mates.
Roll on... :)

YouTube

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Superb video Neil! As for the soundtrack? I had that track on more or less an infinite loop when it came out, definitely on my Desert Island disc collection, goes brilliantly with the video:thumbs::

mikench

Reaction score
I thought if PC can venture out in arctic conditions so can I and on balance it was better than working! I set out to fish for roach on the float with maggots and the resultant 25 fish justified that judgement! The sky was blue, the sun shone but it was hellishly windy and very cold. I came home from the office early and was on the bank around 2.00 pm! I nearly got back in the car to return home as it was too windy and cold! I was all set for a blank by 4.00 pm but a change to a size 20 hook and a 2lb hooklink produced my first roach and 24 followed in fairly rapid succession. The biggest was only around 8oz but I missed a few which I felt were bigger!

I packed up because I was so cold particularly my left dislocated little finger which is probably now never going to get back to normal. It suffers from the cold and aches! I have never fished on a Monday before but not a bad afternoon. I was the only one there!:doh::culpability::fish2:

I set up with the wind to my back with a 13' float rod and Abu reel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel inadequate, maybe it's because I'm a soft suverner.:)