Thanks Thanks:  622
Likes Likes:  80,915
Page 501 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 14975

Default Re: How did you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Maybe we should have another on going thread....centrepin catch reports .

Actually it might be a good idea
    Good idea tigger, I will be pleased to contribute on the rare occasions I use mine...

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    Good idea tigger, I will be pleased to contribute on the rare occasions I use mine...
    I thought you were selling yours?

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    I thought you were selling yours?
    Not at that price he isn't !

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Bailey View Post
    Have a try on the Wey next time you go - it's solid with Roach and some real good ones amongst them.
    Really ? Like the sound of that but also solid with minner is it not ? I had heard one of the beats throws up some good roach.

Feel free to pm me and we can compare details

binka Guest

A very impromptu day on the river today, having settled down this morning to do my month end I decided that I really wasn’t in the mood and by 11am I had donned the waders and was wandering the riverbank looking for a likely spot to enter the water and run the stick through.

A completely free and easy day with an hour here, a couple of hours there and a fair few swims covered by the end of it.

Plenty of netter chub to around a pound with a better stamp size today of around 6oz, the same for the bigger dace and plenty of roach along with a few perch to a light stick rig and maggot…

I was kept well entertained by a pike who’s aerobatic prowess was significantly better than his timing and when he did get it right I managed to get him in the net and a lovely marked fish it was too…

All very pleasant and thoroughly enjoyable, I must plan to not plan more often

5. Default Re: How did you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    Really ? Like the sound of that but also solid with minner is it not ? I had heard one of the beats throws up some good roach.

Feel free to pm me and we can compare details
    Not caught a minnow there since about 1970 (famous last ones :-) ). Lots of bleak though. The beat with the bridge I mentioned before, and one before that are good. And very quiet.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Bailey View Post
    Not caught a minnow there since about 1970 (famous last ones :-) ). Lots of bleak though. The beat with the bridge I mentioned before, and one before that are good. And very quiet.
    Thanks Hugh...that's the beat I was thinking of too. I must give it a go.

Just a couple of hours today and not much, wrong waves, must have the right waves....
    However did catch this pretty fish, not sure what it was. A few small whiting from the other anglers and I had one fairly good knock but just a bare hook when I pulled it in..

PS lovely pics Binka.
    Last edited by markg; 30-09-2016 at 15:42.

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post

Could it be a butterfish Mark?

Edited to add: Or more likely a blenny of some description?

Nothing intended with the link by the way, it was the best one I could find...

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forum...ecies.2357273/
    Last edited by binka; 30-09-2016 at 16:13.

Lovely pics and great photos Steve! What reel is that? My powers of refusal are weakening and I may decide to take the plunge ! Mike

A very cool breeze greeted me at the reservoir this morning,a reminder autumn is really here,plenty of small fish flipping over in the ripple.Fished two feeder rods and ended up with 3 skimmers and a beautiful 4lb female tench - water still very clear and CRT running water off for the GUC.A kingfisher darted past and kept hovering like an ousize hummingbird over the open water in search of its breakfast. Still time to dust off the spinning & deadbait gear for pike now.