How did you get on?

silvers

Reaction score
I was at a busy stretch down the road from Simon, managed to stalk two chub off the top fishing about a foot and a half deep from my secret swim, both pearlers in tip top condition, was going to give myself 4lb for the larger one and slip it back unweighed but the towpath went quiet so dug out the scales - 5lb 10oz lol
View attachment 13720
View attachment 13721
I saw your post on another site ... what a cracking fish!

rich66

Reaction score
Club lakes are fishing ok at the moment. We’ve had hybrid trout added to supposedly keep the crayfish numbers down. We shall see how that goes but they are very keen on anything that looks remotely edible. A month or so ago I’d never caught a trout, now we are jokingly getting fed up with them. I had over 10 plus a fair few bream, Roach, micro perch and a small carp. All on double or triple maggot.
a580911ac0660b57070e52fb92c13b93.jpg

a0930d3973620dfded45f2412e34b678.jpg

b750d911fb5c8c815973327d5079f632.jpg

2b9c36415550134685034b55e31e4ef4.jpg

tommos16

Reaction score
As Graeme Pullen says, there's nothing stupider than a Trout. Or hungrier. He's convinced they're protected by Fly fishing only rules, rather than it being fly only because they're a game fish

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

tommos16

Reaction score
Irish eyes were indeed smiling today, for this particular Paddy. A little drop onto Partridge Lakes' Holbar saw me landing the first fighting fish of the year for me, one small Mirror and a much plumper almost Silver Common. The Mirror faught like stink, the Common was in the net in no time, despite it just about scraping a double.

Very enjoyable day in pleasant weather, terrible photos, but once again very gratefully accepted at this time of year. Feels like a turning point, let's hope it is.

Think this calls for a Guinness or ten
5232fc0f7793a391d7462f46ba4d61d0.jpg
4ec522c560f0731de6363f3d89db165a.jpg

bullet

Reaction score
As Graeme Pullen says, there's nothing stupider than a Trout. Or hungrier. He's convinced they're protected by Fly fishing only rules, rather than it being fly only because they're a game fish

No, it's just the most enjoyable way to catch them, they haven't got any float gear to bug*er up as well.

tommos16

Reaction score
No, it's just the most enjoyable way to catch them, they haven't got any float gear to bug*er up as well.
Fair play mate! It's on my list to take up this year, Mrs S will be delighted im sure at the New rods

Pete Shears

Reaction score
Another piking trip to a different venue but the luck of the Irish was not on my side.A sprat nicked off the hook, a massive dropback ,tightening up saw the braid mainline part on a mussel shell or sharp stones and line pouring off the spool resulted in a fresh air strike (liner?).
My mate in the next swim had a 17lb 5oz and later a smaller fish of around 7lb on the same bit of lamprey.
When the sun broke through seven buzzards,two that high they were hard to see,a kestrel and 2 great white egrets were some compensation.

mikench

Reaction score
It's probably a couple of weeks since I last ventured forth and my maggots were turning in front of my very eyes. It was a very misty start both on the way to my local fishery and on arrival

IMG_9532.JPG

I started on the float with maggot not expecting a great deal but started catching almost immediately but just small roach and gudgeon. I had the odd better roach to 8oz and when I switched to 8mm pellet I caught several skimmers and my last fish was a decent bream of about 3lb. I say last because my chair collapesed just as I was ready to net it. The weld I repaired and the other weld just fractured and I ended up on my back covered in casters and maggots. I was grateful nobody saw my embarrassment but that was it no more fishing.

I will send a suitable email to Korum because this failure is unacceptable and it's the second time in 4 years. I've just located my original kodex chair( replaced under warranty and never used) so I can still venture forth with a suitable barrow. I love the chair with all the bits and the barrow kit is perfect for me but the combination isn't up to the task I'm afraid. I won't have another and hope a new crossmember can be located by Preston. I shall refrain from saying anymore to afford them the opportunity to again make amends and replace the broken part.

I'm sure some fantastic fish were going to succumb to my tactics before I was so rudely upended but we shall never know. :rolleyes: :eek: I had to make 3 journeys back to the car with the chair bits and my gear because the loss of the chair brought about the loss of my barrow. B*****.

Last edited:

ian g

Reaction score
Well done on the fishing front Mike , I recognise the venue . Not sure what to say about the chair , seems a bit of a rum do.

mikench

Reaction score
It is Ian. The chair has a flaw which is a shame.

IMG_9355.JPG

I used my best Heath Robinson expertise to fix it including cable ties and JB Weld but today my fix and the other weld just broke. the replacement part I hope will be sent to me but I won't hold my breath.

john step

Reaction score
Local pool today to give the pole another airing. Despite the cold wind the fish were biting if a little shyly.
Nine carp to 7 ish , rudd roach and a giant perch about two ounces.
Red worm/gits/bread and strawberry soft hookers.
First trip of the week due to boiler and British Gas issues!!

flightliner

Reaction score
Lov
There's a venue local to me that as stocked over 80 carp from mid doubles to the high twenties with two fish over thirty pounds.
They were stocked mid-December, right through Jan and Feb, there were several tents of carpers on the bank after the thirties with the lure of the catches being the ones to name the fish. Friday this last week one of the 30lb fish were caught, 31lb 1oz.
It was caught by a young man on match tackle, method feeder and a 6mm fishery pellet.
Love the irony Garry, all the carp lads shovelling kilos of boilies in the water, fishing for days on end then a young match guy takes the one fish they 're all after! ?.
I heard the first to catch either of the two big ones could give it a name, cant think for a minute what it might be?? ??

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
It is Ian. The chair has a flaw which is a shame.

View attachment 13844

I used my best Heath Robinson expertise to fix it including cable ties and JB Weld but today my fix and the other weld just broke. the replacement part I hope will be sent to me but I won't hold my breath.

When we moved into an unfurnished rental bungalow in France over three years ago we ordered furniture from IKEA. After we paid we found the delivery date would be about 7 weeks on!

So as a temporary measure we bought a couple of folding chairs from Decathlon, about 18 euros each.

Very comfortable and now our fishing chairs. Three years on and no sign of collapse or decay, a genuine bargain!

1615574733276 (2).jpg

Fold easily and have a shoulder strap. OK, they don't adjust for bank slope or have mud feet but they take my 16 stone and I have been fishing (securely!) in comfort.

seth49

Reaction score
Back on the usual fishery today with Mick and Neil, it was supposed to be warm today it wasn’t, a cold north westerly wind and almost full cloud cover, I never felt warm all day, did have a ghost carp about five pounds first cast on the method feeder, and a small tench and a few skimmers and small roach on the pole fishing maggots.

Switched to the margins later, but not a sign of a carp at all, mick was fishing the next peg to my right and he had four carp to his right, so it looked like he was intercepting the carp coming up the margins before they got to me.
AE1C0985-071F-426D-AE75-56F800C83068.jpeg
36BCAB2E-205A-4AF9-8C65-F196367C86A3.jpeg