Thanks Thanks:  593
Likes Likes:  78,978
Page 899 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3997998498898978988999009019099499991399 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 8,990 of 14678

Default Re: How did you get on?

Managed to grab an hour on the town stretch whilst her ladyship did battle with the Canterbury shoppers, took nothing other than a lure rod. One decent perch lost at the net but the blank was saved with one of the smallest chub Ive had this year, very welcome none the less.

Merry Christmas all you How Did You Get on'ers.

What size lure John? Nice chub!

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    What size lure John? Nice chub!
    A 2" Relax Shad Mike.

Return trip to the pool today after the normal saturday chores .

Out with the nbread once again and true to form almost instantly a Carp picks up and tries to do a runner with the bread not a monster high singles . but the sirprise was a very nice Tench no scales with me but i wouild say around 5.5 to 6 lb the one fish i did not expect to catch also had a nice collection of Crucians spent three hours there then it got cold i packed up and headed home .

Pleasent times was had ..

PG ...
    Theres no dark side of the moon really as a matter of fact its all dark

A tench over Christmas would be very nice and I live in hope!

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    A tench over Christmas would be very nice and I live in hope!
    I did have a word with some of the oloder members no one has caught tench this time of the year before there and Crucians are not exactly common in the winter must be the weather ..

PG ...

Thought I'd make the most of this mild spell while it lasts and have another go at the very local roach on the canal. Just 5 minutes from home and almost a park the car on the towpath spot, no need for trolleys etc. Armed with just my whip and a few slices I set up a 5m rig to give me plenty of scope.

A large fish was splashing and swirling on the surface to my left, probably a pike, a kingfisher plopping in to my right and small fish dimpling all over the place made it interesting as I prepared myself for a few hours fishing.
    A few gudgeon to start with, then the roach started biting and didn't stop for the next 4 hours. Once I'd punched out all 3 slices of bread and caught over 70 roach and gudgeon I called it a day. Nothing huge but a satisfying session in relative peace and quiet.

May have a go for that pike next time down....

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    Thought I'd make the most of this mild spell while it lasts and have another go at the very local roach on the canal. Just 5 minutes from home and almost a park the car on the towpath spot, no need for trolleys etc. Armed with just my whip and a few slices I set up a 5m rig to give me plenty of scope.

A large fish was splashing and swirling on the surface to my left, probably a pike, a kingfisher plopping in to my right and small fish dimpling all over the place made it interesting as I prepared myself for a few hours fishing.
    A few gudgeon to start with, then the roach started biting and didn't stop for the next 4 hours. Once I'd punched out all 3 slices of bread and caught over 70 roach and gudgeon I called it a day. Nothing huge but a satisfying session in relative peace and quiet.

May have a go for that pike next time down....
    Looks like you got a touch of colour in the water there i have all but given up on my local canal for now it is like an aquarium crystal clear to the bottom even the Herons are having a hard time getting a meal ...

PG ...

I doubt I've caught that many in total! Well done!

Feelin shyte today, back, hip and neck still playing up from an accident a few weeks back but I forced myself out to do a spot of trotting. A couple of hours would be enough so I arrived at the river at 2pm. The river was rising slightly due to an incoming tide so my hopes where high. It turned out that my hopes where scuppered because being as high up river as I was and the tide turning out to be a small one the river only rose several inches.
    Anyhow the first fish was sòon pulling back and because it was hooked at about 60yds it was able to kite hard across the river and into the overhanging vegetation....bu££er!
    I had to hold my rod up as high as possible winding in to keep my line taught to the fish as I struggled through the horrible old nettle stalks. I managed to extract the fish after some serious faffin' about lol.
    Next swim and another fish which went across stream and things all went solid mid river, barsteward had done the amazing trick thwy somehow do and had left my hook embedded in a twig/branch. I knew what it was because I put my rod down and played tug of war with it until it came free from the river bed and I was able to extract it. I had been atatched to that snag several times this year so was glad to throw it up tue bank. I caught two more chub pretty much identicle to the first and they both did the very same trick and kited into the submerged vegetation and I had to play operation game to get them out.

Theartist, just incase you read this post you may understand why I can't use light bottoms....chances are i'd loose as many fish as I landed and they'd be sporting a hook and nylon. It's a case of horses for courses and to use any light lines or bottoms would be a disaster.

Looks like spaghetti junction in skies above my head!

Last edited by tigger; 23-12-2017 at 20:12.