Thanks Thanks:  593
Likes Likes:  78,978
Page 1447 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 447947134713971437144514461447144814491457 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,470 of 14678

Default Re: How did you get on?

Well done John. You had a good day and a lovely roach to show for it. I'll keep my eyes open for rods.

Such a super perch deserves more than a mere like Ian so well done. Well worth the effort. I hope Warford might yield a similar specimen for me one day.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ian g View Post
    It wasn't Mark to be fair they are all along the Severn , just that not that many people target them . I've given up my Lymm card as PAAS has so much of the Severn I just didn't really use it , only really fished the canal at Grindley brook
    Even though I am based iin Oxford now,I am still a Lymm bailiff, I go up to warrington once a month and if time bailiff the Stillwater around whitley, I was going to do the Shady Oak stretch of the shroppie one day last year, I would have needed an interpreter, I was on my own so I left them to it. Pinged it through on bailiff app what was happening and got no replies.

Even better!
    Last edited by bullet; 13-01-2020 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    Even though I am based iin Oxford now,I am still a Lymm bailiff, I go up to warrington once a month and if time bailiff the Stillwater around whitley, I was going to do the Shady Oak stretch of the shroppie one day last year, I would have needed an interpreter, I was on my own so I left them to it. Pinged it through on bailiff app what was happening and got no replies.
    Mark
    I bailiff on the Severn for PA , I haven't really had many issues mainly due to the locations but you always need to put your own safety first .

Another outing for my Light Lure Rod. Instead of lures today I rigged up a small dead roach and fished it sink and draw and settle and twitch style.
    At first I had a jack pike then this 14lb+

Then using the same small roach (what a tight wad ) I moved along a bit and had this one at 23lb+

All despite the gales.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Well done John. You had a good day and a lovely roach to show for it. I'll keep my eyes open for rods.
    Thanks Mike, keep em peeled as Shaw Taylor use to say, Mick is on the case and thinks he may know of an AWM 13L....somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post

Then using the same small roach (what a tight wad ) I moved along a bit and had this one at 23lb+

All despite the gales.
    Haha close to 40lb of Pike in Storm Brenda, that's the spirit - Get in! Top dangling

The prospect of a wet and windy day deterred a few codgers from turning up yesterday. 7 including myself (organiser) did brave it.
    The GUC at Berkhamsted the venue once again.
    Most of us opted to fish further up than usual, hoping to obtain some shelter from the impending gales forecast for later in the day.

Plumbing up in this new to me area I found the deeper track was very close to my bank. Beyond that the shelf was very shallow. I marked my rod for both depths on my waggler. Double squat on a 22 511 down the track and bites were instant, the infamous Berko gudgeon were there in droves.
    All the while I was pinging pinkies across to the shallow water. After a while I shallowed up and tried a cast across, immediate bites and yes you guessed it, more gudgeon.
    Eventually I hooked something bigger which headed for the sunken branch to my left before coming off...
    A few small roach and a skimmer provided some respite from the constant stream of gudgeon but not enough to build a decent weight.
    The wind and rain arrived bang on cue around 1pm but didn’t disrupt proceedings too much.
    Typically the heavier rain arrived just as I’d got my gear on the barrow and the scales etc ready to do the weigh in.
    I had around a hundred gudgeon and some bits for 3lb:5 which got me 3rd.

Winner had 2 sizeable perch + bits for 6lb dead.

My last session was last wednesday, after all the hiking I had no more than an hours trotting before the sun went down and the float was impossible to see. The hour was pretty much solid fun though and I lost count of the fish...

After yet more rain, I decided to give the idea of the river a miss and went to my club lakes at Frisby. The weather was pretty decent a bit breezy but the sun was out.
    I arrived about 11am with the intention of fishing bread punch on the waggler. But changed my mind and went for a hybrid feeder approach. Groundbait and a sprinkle of micros, a few 4mm pellets. Which had sat in my freezer for a couple of months. Tried a few different lines but all my bites came from about 2 foot from the central margins. Had a small mirror carp about midday, lost a couple more and on what was my last cast of the day, caught another mirror slightly larger then the first. First was on 8mm bloodworm pellet , 2nd on 8mm Robin Red pellet. Had a few half hearted bites on peparami but I can never be sure if it’s not the blinking crays.