Thanks Thanks:  548
Likes Likes:  76,041
Page 1 of 1422 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Default How did you get on?

Or are you saving yourself for next week?
    I fished a club fixture today at a fishery in rural Bucks. Fished a 0.75gr pole rig on a match rod..
    Gin clear and weedy. Just managed double figures with roach, ide, perch and small tench. Unlike last Thursday, it was cooler and overcast all day.
    Also the corn ( which caught me my biggest roach thursday) didn't work today. All they wanted was red maggot?
    27lb won it. Follow ups of 21 and 20lb.
    10 fished....

How did you get on?

Default Re: How did you get on?

Had a few hours on the local Carp lakes Thursday evening. Fished a dog biscuit fly over dog biscuits. Had a couple of fish and missed a couple more. They weren't really on the biscuits and very wary, so the presentation had to be just right to tempt them.

Forfeited fishing for a weekend away. Both places we camped were on river banks and there were plenty of fish showing but I hadn't packed any tackle this time. Just the camera...........

I tread the path where no one goes,
    and cast to fish nobody knows.

Had a good day at Aldercar, dozens of pound-ish Ide, a couple of nice roach about 2lb each and about thirty pounds of Tench...unfortunately fifteen two-pound fish not three ten pounders

Not a carp to be found which is unusual.

Spent a couple of hours watching Neil1970 fishing a backwater off the Colne.
    Home for lunch then down the Colne. Fished a long deepish glide with stick float and maggot. I caught some small roach and perch and thoroughly enjoyed a few hours fishing moving water again.

I watched a steering wheel drift past that was a boat the highlight of my day!! Lost 2 to snags
    Last edited by tilly05; 16-06-2014 at 17:05.
    more blanks than Les Dawson !!

I fished the river idle on open day, saw a few other anglers getting their lines in and one guy I fished near to had a really nice barbel at just over 9lb! As for myself, I pottered about for a few hours giving each swim half an hour to see if I could catch. I had five or six chub to about 3lb but the river idle is currently not too great to be fishing on. Its always got a lot of blanket weed in however the good swims are still easily fishable. At the moment though, the blanket weed is extremely thick and has covered up most of the best swims. Infound about 3 swims between the weed but its nothing special here at the moment. Roll on the next few weeks though, the weed might clear up and the idle should be on top form soon.

Blog Entries

9.30 til 1.30 on a backwater produced nothing but pulls from small chub.
    The time was passed pleasantly chatting to Simon for a few hours and then another mate came and sat with me for a bit.

Morning swim

I then fished from 6 til 10.30 on the Colne and every bait I used was battered by crayfish: paste, meat and boilies

Still great to be sat by the river.

Evening swim

Spent yesterday afternoon sorting out some old rods and reels to donate to a school who are running a couple of introductory fishing courses.

Celebrated the Solstice afterwards with an evenings tench fishing. One bite, one beautiful 4lb female. Packed up about 10-30, still light enough to see without a torch.

Stu

Blog Entries

Had a nice day on the 18th , good to be out again, beats the gardening thats for sure.