A "routine"?

Phil Adams

Reaction score
I like to get my bivvy up as soon as I get to a nice level swim. I don't worry about rods etc to begin with, but I do like to bait up. While I'm making sure my tent pegs dont go anywhere with my mallet I let my bait boat bait up for me, using the gps co-ordinates that I got from google maps. I use the app to make sure that each spot has exactly 2.5kg of bait over a 2m square area. While its running through its process, I set up my home, with bedchair, tv, and cooking area.
Once the bait boat has finished, I download the printouts from the sonar, straight to my pad and check that my spots are clean. If it shows any fish within the area, I know that they might move onto my spots.
Kettle on, send the boat back out, this time with my baited rigs, to drop them on the baited spots.
I often update my facebook while this is goin on, just to let people know how "leet" I am. Once the baits are in, and everything aligned properly. Then its time to have a chat and a curry.

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
You may need somewhat fresher bait, although, I would guess you will still get a few bites! :)

B

binka

once I'm home the OCD kicks in and everything gets sorted,cleaned & put away in its place.

It’s funny you should say that Skip, whilst I don’t consider I have a bankside routine as such I’m very OCD when it comes to having everything laid out and to hand at home and I then find that everything clicks into place fairly effortlessly when I’m out and setting up.

I reckon I'm scared to death of taking something I don't need or not having something I do :eek:mg:

This is the last five or six feet of a seventeen foot long garage wall and it’s pretty much the same all the way along... You'd be hard pushed to chuck a dart at it without hitting something lol, the reason for showing this bit being that a fair bit of this gear (the cooking stuff) was only bought on Sunday but already it has to have its place.

OCD at its finest...

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Always set up the landing net first, break it down last (as a teenager I watched the biggest dace I've ever seen come adrift on the Nadder at Salisbury, because I didn't have the landing net set up:().

Never lay rods on the floor.

Stu