bought and hardly used

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
What have you bought and rarely used
For me a seat box that got used half a dozen times, bought for 50 quid 2nd hand and sold for 70

Another would be a rod pod used about twice ,still it was cheap so no big worries then 2 buzz bars don't think I've ever used them

What about others , what have you bought then mostly left at home

B

binka

When I went from a seat box to my first chair a couple of years ago I bought a load of Ultimate I-range universal accessories including a feeder arm which hasn't been used to this day.

Also got a few soft lures which haven't seen the water yet...

And a fair few floats...

I think (hope!) that's about it :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
5aa60772-3f8f-4e0b-83dc-5ff776eb94d4.jpg

Err, the steering wheel tray didn't work very well.....................

iain t

Reaction score
A couple of 5 draw seat boxes for my oldest boy and me. Never used them just gathering dust in the man cave. Also loads of pole rigs i bought for the youngest when he had the idea he wanted to try pole fishing. Weeks asking me for them and when i bought everything the ****** changed his mind. Must put the lot on Flee bay one day.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Nothing much that I can think of. I'm generally too bloody minded to give up on something I thought was good enough to justify buying in the first place. Occasionally, stuff gets superceded, sometimes for no obvious reason, and ends up redundant. They are usually the few items that I sell. The only angling fad that I tried and didn't get on with was the late 90s/early 00s lure fishing thing (jerkbaits etc). I still love the idea of it but the local reality is somewhat different. Persisted with it for quite a while until good sense overcame bloody mindedness. However, I still have the gear and now have a water where I'm actually becoming increasingly tempted to give it another go.

terry m

Reaction score
Another vote for a seatbox here. Bought a new JVC modern take on the old seatbox and did use it several times, mainly for roving for pike. But it got put away at the end of the season and the following year it never came out.

rubio

Reaction score
Landing net!
Can't seem to find any good specimens recently.

flightliner

Reaction score
Recant buys have been a seatbox, got rid after one use and went back to my home made jobbie, the other was a pair of drennan 4000 float/feeder reels.
used one and regretted buying them almost immediately, both still in their boxes in a cupboard waiting for a new home.

greenie62

Reaction score
... a pair of drennan 4000 float/feeder reels...used one and regretted buying them almost immediately, both still in their boxes in a cupboard waiting for a new home.

As a matter of interest - what's up with them? The spec makes them sound like perfectly ordinary reasonable reels - do they fail to perform in some way?
This should not be considered as an offer to buy - I'm quite happy with my pair of Okumas! ;):rolleyes:

cal_sutt

Reaction score
Got a 42" carp landing net a mate gave me for free as it has a rip near the splitter... Used it.once but I never do any carp fishing and it's too big and cumbersome.

jon atkinson

Reaction score
I was given an old beachcaster & other oddments of sea tackle that I still haven't got around to looking at, but in terms of actual purchases it's pretty much just odd bit's of terminal tackle that I thought 'might come in handy'! I don't get to use my Barbel rod as often as I'd like, but that's primarily down to the lack of Barbel venues in my vicinity, however the Ribble beckons this Sunday so fingers crossed it'll loose its cherry this time out :eek:

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
including a feeder arm which hasn't been used to this day.

Also got a few soft lures which haven't seen the water yet...

And a fair few floats...

Ditto to all of the above plus a Korum "multi mat", a TFG compact seat box which doesn't quite work for me and a Barbel net which is just too big too carry around.:eek:mg::wh

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Bread punches.
Rip a bit off - big or small - job done.
But that's it.

mick b

Reaction score
Mac Book Pro 15" only opened it up a couple of times in the six months since I brought it :eek:mg:
Ipad 6 beats all.......ultra fast to open and close and easy to operate if the updates are ignored :D

Also the ubiquitous set bread punches, nice and shiney, and completely unused :wh

Reaction score
Breville sandwich toaster. Used enthusiastically for a few weeks about 20 years ago and it got relegated to the back if a cupboard for eternity like everyone else's.

Actually I'm feeling quite peckish now...

robertroach

Reaction score
Bought a pole and all the bits. Used it a few times but it seemed a bit pointless holding a huge great thing with a giant elastic band on the end which you pull towards you while the elastic is tiring the fish out. Not my favourite way to catch fish, although it certainly does work.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Peg 1 delux chair and connecting trolley - the chair leg adjustment came away from the main leg system ..... Stupidly I thought I could fix it, but couldn't and therefore could not return it to the place I bought it from. Ended up chucking the chair and trolley (over £200 quid of kit) on a skip when I was having some home extension work done. Rubbish stuff!!