Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default bought and hardly used

What have you bought and rarely used
    For me a seat box that got used half a dozen times, bought for 50 quid 2nd hand and sold for 70

Another would be a rod pod used about twice ,still it was cheap so no big worries then 2 buzz bars don't think I've ever used them

What about others , what have you bought then mostly left at home
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Default Re: bought and hardly used

I bought a disposable BBQ. Only used it once though.
    I tread the path where no one goes,
    and cast to fish nobody knows.

binka Guest

When I went from a seat box to my first chair a couple of years ago I bought a load of Ultimate I-range universal accessories including a feeder arm which hasn't been used to this day.

Also got a few soft lures which haven't seen the water yet...

And a fair few floats...

I think (hope!) that's about it

Err, the steering wheel tray didn't work very well.....................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

A couple of 5 draw seat boxes for my oldest boy and me. Never used them just gathering dust in the man cave. Also loads of pole rigs i bought for the youngest when he had the idea he wanted to try pole fishing. Weeks asking me for them and when i bought everything the ****** changed his mind. Must put the lot on Flee bay one day.

Nothing much that I can think of. I'm generally too bloody minded to give up on something I thought was good enough to justify buying in the first place. Occasionally, stuff gets superceded, sometimes for no obvious reason, and ends up redundant. They are usually the few items that I sell. The only angling fad that I tried and didn't get on with was the late 90s/early 00s lure fishing thing (jerkbaits etc). I still love the idea of it but the local reality is somewhat different. Persisted with it for quite a while until good sense overcame bloody mindedness. However, I still have the gear and now have a water where I'm actually becoming increasingly tempted to give it another go.

Another vote for a seatbox here. Bought a new JVC modern take on the old seatbox and did use it several times, mainly for roving for pike. But it got put away at the end of the season and the following year it never came out.

Landing net!
    Can't seem to find any good specimens recently.
    It's a short life, enjoy every fin

Blog Entries

Recant buys have been a seatbox, got rid after one use and went back to my home made jobbie, the other was a pair of drennan 4000 float/feeder reels.
    used one and regretted buying them almost immediately, both still in their boxes in a cupboard waiting for a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    ... a pair of drennan 4000 float/feeder reels...used one and regretted buying them almost immediately, both still in their boxes in a cupboard waiting for a new home.
    As a matter of interest - what's up with them? The spec makes them sound like perfectly ordinary reasonable reels - do they fail to perform in some way?
    This should not be considered as an offer to buy - I'm quite happy with my pair of Okumas!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast