Changing pole elastics

isaac walton

Reaction score
Hi to all

This may be a totally stupid question but as I am very new to pole fishing I need to ask it, it is
Do I need to change the bush at the end of the top kit if I want to change from a
solid 6-8 lacy to a 14-16 solid lacy
As I said earlier it could be a totally stupid question and if so I apologise.

Many thanks. :confused:

markv

Reaction score
You just need to make sure that the diameter of the current bush is big enough for your heavier and therefore thicker elastic to pass through...easily. If it is, you don't need to change it, if it isn't you will ... for a larger one.

john step

Reaction score
Hi to all

This may be a totally stupid question but as I am very new to pole fishing I need to ask it, it is
Do I need to change the bush at the end of the top kit if I want to change from a
solid 6-8 lacy to a 14-16 solid lacy
As I said earlier it could be a totally stupid question and if so I apologise.

Many thanks. :confused:

Now that's an interesting name. Did your ancestor leave any of his origional manuscripts to you. If so they are worth a fortune and you could pay a lacky to change your lacky for you. Only joking:)

isaac walton

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Markv as I have an internal bush does it just pull out to enable me to change it, also if I need a larger bush does that mean I would also have to trim the pole down a bit.
Many thanks

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Hi john
I did consider asking wifey to change lacy for me,however, on second thoughts I resisted asking as she would probably have me dangling from the ceiling with it..........
And I,m NOT joking ??????

markv

Reaction score
It may pull out, depends if it is just a tight push fit or whether it is glued. Try it.

You will almost certainly need to trim the pole tip back to accommodate a larger internal bush. (An external bush could be used though ). Trimming back, that is cutting of the pole tip, is best done carefully with a file.

Best advice though is take the pole with the elastic, if you have it yet, to a good tackle shop and they should be able to supply a bush that fits the job and actually try out the fit there and then. Much better this way, rather than try to guess what will fit. Any good shop will be willing to do this for you.