Non fishing essentials

bracket

Reaction score
Not only when fishing but all the time, I carry a lighter (although I don't smoke) and a pocket knife. This is because I am mindful of the fact that the two things which raise man above the animals is his ability to use tools and make fire. Also you never know when you may want to stab somebody or burn their house down.(Well not really). Pete.

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
Antiseptic Hand Gel
Torch
Baseball Bat - in case I meet anyone who is setting trip-wires for pensioners! :eek::D

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I have a " Rounder's Bat " for knocking in the bivvy pegs.

An essential around London in the winter on the frozen banks of the river Lea !!

Bob

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
All the usual culprits plus waterproof plasters in various sizes. Also keep a pile of old(ish) Tea Towels in the car use to give the gear a final wipe down if it's been raining before it goes in the car. ( I found my mother had at least 3 dozen TT in her airing cupboard doing nothing. Apparently TT were given as presents years ago, much the same as mens white cotton handkerchiefs !)

Mobile phone, an absolute 'must' if health is a problem. Also have details of my recent health issues, dates, medication etc etc ( The wife insisted !!)
Whilst on that subject: I ALWAYS give my wife a rough home time and its an unwritten LAW that anything outside of this I MUST phone - fair enough IMHO........

Oh, one last necessity: AA or RAC membership Roadside (min) or the full monty if travelling far and wide on a regular basis......I was caught out once - never again !!!!

Last edited:
B

binka

Come to think of it I often put a carrier bag in the kit along with the scales for when I finally get that four pound perch... I reckon there's a good chance the bag will biodegrade before that happens though :rolleyes:

lambert1

Reaction score
I take antiseptic hand wash, old towels and tea towels but have never thought of taking toilet rolls. I have (I am glad to say) never suffered an involuntary bowel movement whilst fishing, but then again I don't target predators:wh